President Cipher

Posted by: Phineas on December 11, 2010 at 12:36 pm

During the day yesterday, I’d read online of the bizarre impromptu joint press conference held by President Obama and former President Clinton after a meeting they’d had about how to save Obama’s bacon best sell the tax compromise. Apparently, a few minutes into the event, the President of the United States walked out to go to a party, leaving his Democratic predecessor in charge. Commenters online were generally aghast, but I figured it couldn’t be as bad as it sounded.

I was wrong. Watch this.

What the…??

Yo, Chief! You’re the President of the United States. The man in charge. You wanted the job!

And you just walk out of a press conference and let your stand-in handle it so you could go to a party? I doubt you could make yourself look any more feckless if you tried. At least Nixon had the decency to issue a formal resignation.

After watching that video, I had to check to see if Clinton had named his Cabinet, yet.

And speaking of former (and current?) President Clinton, I offer a few observations, based on the video clip:

• Self-serving to the last, he says he didn’t like the securitization and reselling of sub-prime mortgages by Fannie and Freddie. Bill, it was your administration that fed the beast!
  • He also thinks the financial regulation bill is a good idea. Ummm… Sir? Who signed the deregulation legislation? Oh,yeah
  • Ten years out, and he’s still more on top of policy than Obama. You can just tell he misses the job*.
  • Obama must be thanking his lucky stars for the 22nd Amendment. I really do think, if he could run again, Bill would beat Obama in the 2012 primaries.

But, back to the man who is supposedly our president… Will anyone, foreign or domestic, take him seriously after this last week?

*And the interns. Especially the interns.

LINKS: Bryan Preston calls this a cry for Bubba-Wan, while Ed Driscoll thinks something weird is going on. Fausta calls it amateur hour.

(Crossposted at Public Secrets)

9 Responses to “President Cipher”

Comments

1. Obama is a narcissist out of control. He wasn’t the center of attention so he left.

Good Lord, I wish I could just leave my job when stuff gets tough for me. Who here still believes that Obama is going to want to run in 2012??? I don’t. I think he is done and is ready to be out of it. He forgot that being President is hard work and not all fun and parties. He has made his millions due to the presidency, his after presidency is going to net him multi millions more….and he just like Clinton, only cares about himself…and just like Clinton he is going to use his presidency to ensure wealth and prosperity for himself. – Lorica

P.S. Is it me or does Clinton look like a man who is about to die. His red face, he’s lost weight, he is just not looking good. His STDs must be getting to him.

3. mike191 says:

Paging David Brooks: Hello.This is president44 leaving to meet his wife and continue to party ,while dismissing his obligations as President.

The “Emperor has no clothes” should be required reading for David Brooks.

4. PE says:

You were expecting noblesse oblige? Apparently, from Obama’s perspective, the only obligations he has are to himself. Except maybe mamma.

5. Brontefan says:

Dead-on Warren! He was unable to vote “present!”

6. Janet S says:

I couldn’t watch past him looking at the time and leaving…What was that??? I have to go to a party so here is my temp filling in?? He just showed how much of real importance he puts the American public on his list; Michelle, vacation, parties with Oprah and celebs, eating burgers with diplomats, illegal immigrants, apologizing and panhandling to foreign gov’ts and oh yeah that little nuisance called the public that I am obligated to serve.

7. kbob in Katy says:

They got what they voted for. He says “I Won”, but we all know…LOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!

8. CZ says:

When I watched that live and could not believe my eyes! Told the wife that this was a moment to remember, a film clip that would be played over and over in 2012 by Obungle’s challengers from both parties.