A summary of the Fauxtography scandal and why conservatives don’t trust the MSM

Posted by: ST on August 28, 2006 at 9:11 am

Good morning, ya’ll :)

This month has been a bad month for the embattled MSM in terms of their ‘trustworthiness’ (what little bit they had left). Mary Katharine Ham explains why, with links galore to the various fake/staged/doctored photo scandals that have been uncovered by conservative bloggers this month. She sums up why conservatives so distrust the MSM by pointing out E&P editor Greg Mitchell’s less than impressive defense of photojournalists in light of the fake/staged/doctored photo discoveries, and closes with links to fellow NC blogger Bob Owens aka The Confederate Yankee‘s exposure of Mitchell’s subtle changing of a 2003 piece he wrote that contained an admission that he faked news as a young reporter – an edit Mitchell made without notation.

Media defenders who continue to wonder why conservatives have such a strong distrust of the MSM shouldn’t have to wonder anymore after they read her column.

Speaking of MKH and Bob Owens, both will be at Carolina FreedomNet 2006 on October 7th in Greensboro, NC along with yours truly. Hope to see you there.

• Sensible Mom trackbacked with Fauxtography and Faux Charges
  • 7 Responses to “A summary of the Fauxtography scandal and why conservatives don’t trust the MSM”

Comments

1. G Monster says:

The MSM has been completely exposed due to the blogosphere. They will continue to try to get away with things, but now they know they are going to get caught.

The only problem is some people don’t read the blogs and believe the story as told by the MSM. But I guess it’s just a matter of time.

I’m sure alot of the news people out there are nervous now that there is a watchdog out there keeping an eye on them.

Keep up the great work.

2. Doug says:

Hi Sister. Caught your comments over at Hot Air-if they asked you to host a Vent, what would you say? Have a great day.

3. I would say I’m not quite ready to make my big screen debut yet … there’s a reason I went to college to be a radio broadcaster and not a TV news anchor ;)

4. Mwalimu Daudi says:

First there was the CA-50 special election where the “sure-shot” Democratic candidate lost. Then there was the announcement about the discovery of WMDs in Iraq. Then there was the formation of a unity government in Iraq. Polling lately has not been kind for the nutroots lately. Then the fauxtograpy blowup at al-Reuters. Today it was the new book that fingered Armitage instead of Rove in the Plame-out case.

As one wit has said – not even the Chicago Cubs have had as bad a summer as the MSM has.

5. G Monster says:

Wanna see a media uproar? Wait until Lieberman beats Lamont. I remember when Al Gore lost the electoral college but not the popular vote. The MSM was all talking about changing the way we elect presidents. Any ideas what they’ll be talking about the day after Lieberman beats Lamont? I know Bang has a prediction.

6. Drewsmom says:

Us blogsters rock, we get to the bottom of all their crap and it drives em crazy,
      THANK YOU SISTER FOR ALL YOU DO ON A DAILY BASIS, I am honored you allow me to voice my opinion.