These are the interrogation techniques the CIA wants to use

Posted by: ST on September 19, 2006 at 11:12 am

I’m warning you: It’s brutal:

Details emerged yesterday about the seven interrogation techniques the CIA is seeking to be allowed to apply to terror suspects. Newsweek magazine reported that a New York lawyer, Scott Horton, who has acted as an adviser to the US senate on interrogation methods, had acquired a list of the techniques. The details were corroborated by information obtained by the charity Human Rights Watch.

The techniques sought by the CIA are: induced hypothermia; forcing suspects to stand for prolonged periods; sleep deprivation; a technique called “the attention grab” where a suspect’s shirt is forcefully seized; the “attention slap” or open hand slapping that hurts but does not lead to physical damage; the “belly slap”; and sound and light manipulation.

*Shivers*

Hat tip: Stop The ACLU

Update: Jim Treacher reports on even more CIA interrogation techniques. Shocking!

19 Responses to “These are the interrogation techniques the CIA wants to use”

Comments

1. Severian says:

Shocking, absolutely shocking! Why, if it gets any worse, the prisoner’s will think they are at Marine boot camp!

OMG Call the International Criminal Court. What next Name Rhyming?? Osama, what rhymes with Osama?? HA!!! – Lorica

3. Severian says:

Obama…:-"

4. Severian says:

Yo’Mama!…;)

5. NC Cop says:

Good call, Sev. I was getting ready to say “Don’t they do worse things to military recruits?”.

I hate to say it boys and girls, but we are not ready to fight this war on terror. Whoever takes over the presidency, Republican or democrat, will not prosecute this war like Bush has. They will go back to pre 9/11 thinking where we wait for people to slaughter thousands of Americans, before they become a threat. The opposition apparently does not believe in pre-emptive action, does not believe in monitoring terrorist calls in this country, and does not believe in using these harsh interrogation techniques. How in the world do they expect to fight this war then? I guess they believe in HOPING that law enforcement can detect and stop every single terrorist action in this country.

May God help us all.

6. Baklava says:

If it was a female interogator… I might want to be interogated…. :-"

7. G Monster says:

A slap in the face…omg…belly slaps…how awful…what punishment…the enemy is cutting off heads, and we are having problems getting belly slaps approved.

8. Baklava says:

I slapped a coworker in the butt today !

I just committed torture!

I shall repent…

9. LOL, Bak – does this mean we’ll be hearing about you in the papers soon? Will you be tried in the 9th Circus at some point? ;)

10. Baklava says:

No. She liked it. :)

just kidding. I didn’t commit such atrocities… ;)

11. “She”?? Shall we nickname you “frisky” now, Bak? ;)

12. Baklava the Cat says:

You can call me anything!

I promise I won’t go on a rioting rampage of hate. Nobody insults Isl*m Baklava.

13. Kevin says:

Doesn’t the Geneva convention say humiliation cannot be used? From what I understand, it’s quite humiliating to be incarcerated against your will. Guess we have to let them all go :(

Also, my parents broke the laws of the Geneva convention by grounding me when I was a kid. Can I sue them or anything?

14. Brian says:

I better turn myself in. When the kids were little, I used to blow on their bellies (the “belly fart”). That’s gotta be torture on some level, eh?

15. Drewsmom says:

What gets me is mcpain, the VC signed onto the Geneva Convention and tortured the hell outta him, he amazes me, not really, he just wants dem votes in his primaries, too bad the dumb ass WILL NEVER GET THE NOMINATION … GO ON MCPAIN, PUT SOME MORE NAILS IN THE OLE COFFIN.:-w

16. Marshall Art says:

“Excuse me, Mr. Enemy Combatant, but would you please grant me the honor of relating to me the information my superiors require at your earliest convenience? In the meantime, I’ll grab you a cup of coffee. Can I get you a pillow?”

17. benning says:

Well, Jeepers, that has me shivering in fear!

And the Dems object to this. What fools.

18. T.G.Scott says:

Wow! We did worse things during hazing week my freshman year of high school! LOL Crybabies!

You know what I fear from this whole situation. Is that our soldiers are going to take on the attitude of “Hell with it, let’s just kill ‘em in the field”. When the “We support the Troops, just not the mission” Dems start allowing the captives we take off the field of battle to be treated better than our soldiers, they only show just how traitorous they actually are. I pray that the Reps grow a spine and really start talking against this sort of stuff. – Lorica