Air samples gathered last week contain radioactive materials that confirm that North Korea conducted an underground nuclear explosion, National Intelligence Director John Negroponte’s office said Monday.
In a short statement posted on its Web site, Negroponte’s office also confirmed that the size of the explosion was less than 1 kiloton, a comparatively small nuclear explosion. Each kiloton is equal to the force produced by 1,000 tons of TNT.
- Jimmy Carter thinks he has the right touch when it comes to solving the North Korea crisis
- North Korea’s first nuclear weapon test
- Was one North Korea missile aimed at Hawaii?
- US takes missile defense system out of test mode
- North Korea Vows To Drop Nuclear Weapons Development
- North Korea and Iraq? Yep.