WASHINGTON (CNN) — On the same day that the 110th Democratic-led Congress convenes with a plan to immediately pass lobbyist and ethics reforms, the Congressional Black Caucus Thursday gave a standing ovation to Rep. William Jefferson, the Louisiana Democrat who faces an FBI probe into bribery allegations.
“The haters… and negative nabobs…the people who spoke against him couldn’t prevail against the people who spoke for him,” Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, master of ceremonies for the CBC’s celebratory event, said Thursday morning.
Just when you thought the moral bankruptcy of the CBC couldn’t get any worse. Of course, what can you expect from an group of Democrats who have repeatedly aligned themselves with anti-war/military hate-Bush wacko Michael Moore, even giving him an award during the 2004 Democratic National Convention?
Hat tip: Allah
- Louisiana’s 2nd district runoff election: Will Rep. William Jefferson be able to retain his seat? (UPDATE-JEFFERSON WINS)
- Court blocks Justice Department from reviewing seized files from Jefferson’s office
- Take that, Congress: Federal judge rules raid was legal
- Jefferson stripped of seat on House Ways and Means Committee, cries racism
- ABC News poll: 86% favor FBI searching Congressional offices with a warrant
- More strange bedfellows in the Jefferson case
- Feds were ready to take a stand in Jefferson case
- Rep. Jefferson – the latest news
- Way to go, Republicans in Congress!
- New meaning to the term â€˜cold hard cash’
- Ray Nagin wins again in New Orleans mayoral election (w/ news on Rep. Jefferson scandal)