24 Mania (OPEN THREAD FOR TONIGHT’S SHOW)

Posted by: ST on January 15, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Ian at Hot Air, Lorie Byrd at Wizbang, and others all had open threads going yesterday on the season premiere of “24” – the first part of the two part season premiere aired last night, with the other airing tonight at 8 on Fox.

Rick Moran, a huge “24″ fan, gears up for another action-packed season.

If you’d like to discuss it, please feel free to use this thread to do so – I’ll bump it up tonight as the open thread to tonight’s episode as well.

New to “24″? Here’s a primer.

Jack’s baaaack!

PM Update: I’m bumping this up to the top to use as an open thread for tonight’s show.

18 Responses to “24 Mania (OPEN THREAD FOR TONIGHT’S SHOW)”

Comments

1. PCD says:

My daughter’s classmate at USC was an intern on the shooting of the 1st 4 episodes of 24. Adam didn’t drop any spoilers except to say, “You ain’t seen nuthin’ yet!”

2. Drewsmom says:

I couldn’t wait for 24 to start again and last nights two hour premier didn’t disappoint even with the pc crap they threw in.
    I’m gearing up for another two hours tonight.

3. Great White Rat says:

Drewsmom, I agree with you about the PC nonsense. The director of the group that’s supposed to mimic CAIR is eager to cooperate with anti-terrorism investigations? Yeah, right…

And how many of you noticed that the Muslim good guy (at least in the first two hours) who wants to renounce terrorism is named Assad? Gee, now when we hear the name of the Syrian dictator on the news, the average couch potato will think of him as one of the good guys.

That said, this is still the most addictive, action-filled, can’t-miss-it shows ever created.

Ohhhh Gawd, not more jack. The only man in America that can get away with murder, literally. :o) – Lorica

5. Drewsmom says:

Lorica, my friend, you know you love Jack and you know the ole saying …. the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.:d

6. ronjazz says:

drewsmom, does that go for bush and cheney as well?

Ronjazz,
    Congress gave the President offical Authority to go to war with Iraq. You can blah blah blah all you want about him being a terrorist, but all you are doing is showing your ignorance. If there are terrorists it is the folk that voted for the war, before they voted against it. – Lorica

Well LA has been nuked. /sigh I have never really wanted to see or be in LA, so I am not hurt by this chain of event. – Lorica

9. Drewsmom says:

Ronjazz, if I didn’t know better I’d think you were rooting for the terrorists, like most on the left seem to be and if we don’t KILL EM ALL we will see the mushroom cloud, but I’m sure that doesn’t concern you.
    **==

10. NC Cop says:

Come on guys, you don’t actually expect ronjazz to respond, do you? That was a classic hit and run poster who doesn’t care to hear any opposing viewpoints.

Bush and Cheney terrorists? LOL!!! I love it. The haters are so ridiculous. Only they could turn a post on 24 into a “I hate Bush” rant.

=))

Does anybody know if Curtis is dead? They never really said one way or the other. Jack shot him and he didn’t look too good, but I don’t know if he died. I guess that’s the end of that friendship.

11. Marshall Art says:

I was wondering the same thing, NC. I liked that character, too, and was hoping he’d have a bigger role this season. Then they go a shoot him. But is he a goner? They kinda gave that impression.

12. Ryan says:

I think it’s safe to say Curtis is indeed gone. I’m kind of upset with him – he knew Jack would react in the manner in which he did. He forced Jack to do something which put Jack further into the hell in which he already is.

13. NC Cop says:

I have a feeling that nuke is going to get Jack back on the right track. I’m also wondering if Jack won’t be as prone to torture people to get info since he, himself, was tortured. A hidden editorial from Fox, perhaps?

14. I hated he had to do that to Curtis!

I don’t think Curtis is dead. I saw the shot and it was in his right side. So if it went thru the lung they had EMTs right there he should survive. – Lorica

16. I thought he shot him in the neck?

I was thinking it was the upper shoulder?? – Lorica

And Noooo I didn’t watch the show. I just happened to catch that scene. – Lorica