Weds/Thurs open thread and misc. blog/news notes

Posted by: ST on June 6, 2007 at 10:56 pm

First, some great news:

—– Jon Henke, who created and blogged at QandO before he became New Media director for Senate Republicans at the beginning of this year, has left that job to become a part of the New Media Strategies team and in the process will be working with the Fred Thompson campaign. Jon’s a great guy and one of the hardest working guys in the “new media” (aka “blogosphere”) so I wish him all the best and look fwd to seeing what he can do for Fred!.

Not so great news:

—– ST reader Karl’s family needs your prayers. His son is down with an ankle injury and only has two weeks to recover before his Navy bootcamp physical. If he’s unable to recover in that short timeframe, he’ll washout. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

—– Blogger Danny Carlton (aka “Jack Lewis“) is still in need of a helping hand. His family is going through a really rough time right now thanks to his wife’s former employer. Read more about that here.

—– Due to drought concerns, LA residents have been asked to cut down on their shower time … :-&

And just plain weird news:

—– Beware of the Boost Plus health drink? Read and judge for yourself … I probably should refrain from commenting on this one!

That’s all for now. I may add to this post in a little bit :)

15 Responses to “Weds/Thurs open thread and misc. blog/news notes”

Comments

1. NC Cop says:

I just couldn’t stop laughing at this one:

Can the religious left sway the 08 race

My favorite had to have been Edwards, considering those pigs he hired for bloggers.

2. Karl says:

Thanks ST.

He has made it into his 6th week of boot camp only to get hit with this. I am hoping he recovers and passes the exam and graduates.

Either way he has my pride with him.

3. Drewsmom says:

Karl, you have my prayers as do all our military.**==

4. NC Cop says:

Karl,

Please tell your son that he has alot of people praying for him. Also thank him for his dedication and service to our country.

5. NC Cop says:

On another note, here’s some more potentially bad news:

Syrian politician says war with Israel coming soon

This year could be a very bad one between war in Lebanon breaking out, Iran and it’s nukes, and now Syria threatening Israel.

6. Baklava says:

I don’t need a Boost thank you. I have no Boost problems that need resolution and don’t want to start having Boost issues…. :o

7. stoo says:

Paris Hilton has been released from jail.

After 3 days.

8. PCD says:

Stoo,

I just heard the news. No Justice in CA. They must have deemed Paris Hilton not driving in this year’s Bullrun as punishment enough.

Karl, Have faith. Many moons ago my brother was in Bootcamp at Ft. Dix and broke his arm. He finished and the only rotten thing was that he had to requalify on the M-16 after the cast was off. His score dropped enough to keep him from winning the Soldier Stakes that term. Your son will do alright. At least hw wan’t in Marine Bootcamp. The Physical requirements are much higher. I do not mean to slight the Marines.

9. Severian says:

How long before the video of Paris’ body cavity search winds up on YouTube?

10. Yax K'uk Mo' says:

I guess Boost Plus brings new meaning to the phrase “pour me a stiff one.”

11. Jon Henke says:

Thanks, Sister. I appreciate the kind words, as always.

12. forest hunter says:

Here’s a bit more insanity at the kolleeg level. Welcome to Dearbornistan Dhimmi Undivershitty.

Manger scenes bad – Splodey dope good.

13. forest hunter says:

LINK

As I beat my head against the curb.

14. Great White Rat says: