Research: Men talk as much as women

Posted by: ST on July 5, 2007 at 10:05 pm

Did we really need a ‘study‘ to confirm this?

I know the popular misconception is that women talk so much more, but get a guy watching a sports game on a widescreen TV, hand him a beer and some hot wings, invite a few of his pals over, and watch ‘em go! :-"

21 Responses to “Research: Men talk as much as women”

Comments

1. NC Cop says:

Geez, ST, you’ve just condensed 80% of my life into one sentence…….and it sounds so shallow. ;)

2. steveegg says:

You see, it takes alcohol to get us men chatty (or politics) :x

I could bring up Bugs Bunny’s “I know when to shut up” bit, but that’s too long :d

3. steveegg says:

D’OH; wrong smiley! Where’s the tongue? :p

4. Doodad says:

Don’t tell me that you fell for that story. Did you all read the “subjects” and the numbers? I believe that story falls into instant urban legend. Broads do talk more and any idiot knows this.

5. Vatar says:

Do these pants make my butt look big?

6. Great White Rat says:

you’ve just condensed 80% of my life into one sentence

Wait….there’s other stuff besides that?? How come no one told me about it?? :o

7. Geez, ST, you’ve just condensed 80% of my life into one sentence …….and it sounds so shallow. ;)

LOL NC!!

8. Wait….there’s other stuff besides that?? How come no one told me about it?? :o

Heh – I think I’ve gotten myself in trouble with this thread! Would now be a good time to add that I know there are exceptions to the rule? :D

9. David L says:

So ST what are you going to believe, some study or youir own two ears?

10. benning says:

If I drink more than two beers I can become extremely verbose.

‘Nuff said!:d

11. Drewsmom says:

Why the study, we do talk more, plain and simple and I like to talk, so there. !!!!!:d:-@:-@

12. CZ says:

Whoever did not know this has never been on a fishing trip with me and my crew.~o)

13. I find that study anti-male, bigotted, and disturbing. And I will talk you to death about why….oh, look, a game is on. Pass the beer.b-)

All this proves is the feminization of men in this society. Let’s face it there has never been a movie made called the “Silent Woman”, but yet The Duke man above all men, made one called the “Silent Man”. Back in the good ole’ days men could be men, now we are reduced to fence gossips. :( – Lorica

15. Baklava says:

We’ll say what we need to say in order to get something? :-?

Wait that’s not true !

How about… Women talk about feelings more and men talk about facts and “figures” :-"

16. Sprockett says:

I have an 11 year old daughter and I can assure you with absolute certainy, that there is no one on God’s green earth that can talk as much as a group of 11 year old Girls.

In fact I tell her when she gets on the phone to ‘talk’ to her friends that the phone company has backup computers coming online, power is spiking in the state and there are people running around the phone company trying to keep the system up.

Women communicate verbally, it’s how they where designed, men grunt :d… Just ask my wife :)

-Paul-

17. CJ says:

Let’s see…

It took the AP article above 504 words to tell this story.

It took this female reporter 688 words to tell the same story.

Just sayin’. Doesn’t mean anything!

18. I’m not sure what’s funnier, the entry or the commentary that followed…

:-?

I’ve been called garrulous a time or two…

19. Chuck says:

I don’t buy global warming “science” and i don’t buy this either. They did the study on college students. Trust me, it doesn’t kick in till after you’re married. Just kidding honey, heh….:d

20. Kathleen Firth-Comerford says:

Men talk but don’t listen so they don’t know how much talking they are doing with each other. Total denial. Besides, they need to feel superior to women so whatever women supposedly do is considered wrong here?
    Why is talking a bad thing? So what! We talk. I like people who talk a whole lot better than people who never say two words. In the end, it’s what you say and not how long you talk that matters. My husband and I can talk all day and never run out of things to say to one another. His family is the same way, whereas mine is always giving each other the silent treatment. I prefer his.

This “study” is a waste of paper since it doesn’t cross the age ranges. College Students are now considered to be mainstream America?? I don’t think so. Have you seen what activities go on in our colleges these days??

Most men talk more when we are younger. As we get older, we understand the value of listening. I know that holds true in my case. I am sorry Kathleen, but I will have to disagree with you. As I note earlier, you can’t take this study seriously. Just another silly attempt to hem us in with group think. – Lorica