Doctor visit update

Posted by: ST on August 2, 2008 at 1:42 pm

Wanted to update ya’ll on the latest concerning the discovery of a cyst in one of yours truly’s organs.  My dr. visit was yesterday afternoon.

The dr. told me that at the size the cyst is now (3 centimeters) that it’s ok if we just monitor it in the next six months.  She said I could opt to have surgery if I wanted to (invasive or otherwise – but I’d have to consult with a surgeon) if it was giving me pain or we could do another ultrasound in 6 months to determine if it’s getting bigger.  She said if it continues to grow then we’d probably need to do something about it via surgery.   She empasized even at that though that I should only have it removed if it really bothers me that it’s there or if it’s causing pain.  She said it is not disturbing any normal body function.

Another reason I’m going to wait six months before I do anything about this is because the company I work for just changed health insurance plans and I don’t think my doctor or the medical group she’s in is in network (sigh).  I still have to read up more on it.  I hate that this happened right in the middle of the issues I have going on, but at the same time I think that I’m just happy to have healthcare coverage.

Anyway, the good news is we are in the “monitoring” stage.  The only reason I would visit the dr. before the six month period is if I am having pain.  I have not had that pain since the one time where I had to go to the ER, thank goodness.

Thanks again for all the good thoughts and prayers. They definitely helped!

18 Responses to “Doctor visit update”

Comments

1. Bachbone says:

No pain is always good news, ST. Let’s hope the cyst disappears over the first monitoring period. T & P are with you.

2. zoey says:

hi. thats good news. praying for you and blessings to you as well.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers Dear. Just know that we are here for you. >:d< – Lorica

4. Good luck, ST. Since you’re already seeing this doctor, your insurance coverage should continue. I don’t believe they can make you give up your physician while you’re being treated. But, if the insurance coverage gets to be a pain, you can always light a candle in front of a picture of the Prophet Barack. ;)

5. Steve Skubinna says:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I’m out of circulation for a week and what the heck goes on? So we can all stop worrying about you now?

Fat chance. But I like Anthony in LA’s suggestion. There’s a guy I heard about who sells relics of the Blessed Saint Barry. From what I heard, he’s got a matched set of toenail clippings he’ll let go for a measly three grand, which you gotta admit is a steal.

I’ve got a meeting with the guy’s representative in Balboa Park this afternoon, behind the monkey house. I already bought myself a “Change We Can Believe In” tee shirt so I shouldn’t look too much like a wingnut. Too late to get an ear pierced, but just as well because I can never remember which ear is straight and which one is gay. And I don’t think I could carry off acting gay – not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I did see a booth in Horton Plaza that does henna tattoos, so maybe I can stop by and get one. How long does it take to wash those off anyway?

Anyway, by this time tomorrow I expect to have the toenails. As soon as I get them I’m setting up a shrine in my hotel room.

Hmmm… I’ll probably have to slip housekeeping a few bucks to keep it quiet. But down here in San Diego they’re all Hispanic so they’ll certainly respect holy relics. And maybe I can get them to say a couple rosaries for ST too.

6. NC Cop says:

In the big scheme of things, this is good news, Sis. Keep plugging along and don’t worry about what happens next.

ENJOY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. But, if the insurance coverage gets to be a pain, you can always light a candle in front of a picture of the Prophet Barack. ;)

Wha … just how did you know I had a secret shrine for President Obam – er, um … ? :">

8. Mwalimu Daudi says:

This is much-needed good news! If the doctor thinks it is not worth having out at this point, they you should not worry.<:-p

9. saveliberty says:

Prayers for you, Sister Toldjah! I am glad that your doctor is watching it for you.:-ss

10. steveegg says:

Bachbone and Lorica already used the words I was going to use, but do remember that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

11. Great White Rat says:

Amen to everything above. Just the fact that the doctor thinks all you need to do is watch at this point is good news. As long as there’s no recurrence of the pain, that is.

12. Leslie says:

Sounds encouraging! Glad no surgery is imminent.

13. vanderleun says:

Prayers going out for you.

14. Jo Graham says:

Thank the Lord that you are in the monitoring stage. Medicine has come such a long way. Stay in tune with your body and keep the doctor in the loop with any changes you notice or feel that bother YOU! Sometimes little things to us mean different things to the docs. Not trying to scare you in any way but stay on top of your situation is the advice I want to leave you with. Praying for you! Phil 4:13

15. My thoughts and prayers are with you, ST. Hope everything works out perfectly. (insert emoticon giving you a big smootch here)

16. Jerry says:

Young lady, get well. Nothing else is acceptable. Do NOT make me have to give you a stern look! :-w

Seriously, you are in my prayers.

17. yo says:

You must remember one thing.
    It’s not prayers and thoughts that get results.
    It’s BELIEVING prayer that gets the job done.
    The devil>:)works by doubts. God works by faith.Faith means “fully persuaded”.l-)
    Let’s get results.o:-)