Barney Frank: Let’s cut military spending by 25%

Posted by: ST on October 25, 2008 at 10:18 am

What a surprise. In addition to chomping at the bit to find “rich people to tax,” a top liberal Democrat in the House is licking his chops at the idea of trying to cut military spending by 25% during an Obama administration. And with what may be a supermajority in the House and Senate, who would stop him?

“The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disastrous scenarios. And even if there were a problem, the Federal Government doesn’t bail them out. But the more pressure there is there, then the less I think we see in terms of affordable housing.”Barney Frank, September 2003

• Public Secrets trackbacked with So that's how they plan to pay for it!...
  • 16 Responses to “Barney Frank: Let’s cut military spending by 25%”

Comments

1. Severian says:

Hey, the defense of the country is about the only thing government spends money on that’s required or allowed by the Constitution, so let’s cut it!

After his part in the FM/FM debacle, why isn’t this retard’s head on a stake outside the Capitol?

2. Joe says:

The man has absolutely no sense of shame! He and his fellow Democrats (including, to some degree, Obama) denied there was a problem with FM/FM, while John McCain, President Bush, and other Republicans foresaw the calamity and tried to stop it, yet Frank and the Dems have seized on it and portray themselves as our heroes, with considerable help from our sickening MSM. It’s sad commentary that anyone takes him seriously anymore.

3. forest hunter says:

Further down the rabbit hole we go…….blood is going to have to be spilled on American streets, before this carnage of America gets re-directed.

Forest that is a sad critique of what our present situation is. Furthermore, it truly bothers me that it might be exactly what has to happen. The left has carried their agenda to an extreme that no reasonable person can stand in agreement with.

As far as Barney Frank goes, I would not shed a tear if he were the 1st causualty in this new revolution. He is an idiot to the extreme, and should actually been arrested as an accomplise to the prostitution being run out of his own house. He also needs to be seriously investigated for his role in the FMs. Chris Dodd too. I am believing that this next election is going to be a indictment against Dem incumbents. Hopefully these two idiots will be let go. – Lorica

5. John Ryan says:

Of course that quote from Frank took place at a time when the Democrats held NO power in Washington. The republicans were in control of both Congress and the White House, but for some reason they are not the ones to blame hmmm ?

6. Severian says:

Well, Ryan, let’s look at your “logic.” So, when Frank was prattling on in the above quote things were fine, but now, after two years of Democrat control of both houses of Congress, it implodes! Sounds like the Democrats are at fault to me! Even the Democrats agree things were fine when Republicans controlled Congress!

7. NC Cop says:

Geez, I can’t imagine why the Russians, Syrians, Iranians, Cubans, Hamas and Chavez want the democrats to win. Why could that be? Hmmmmmmmm…….:-?

8. NC Cop says:

How about this quote Ryan?

One Democrat admits he and his colleagues were wrong about Fannie and Freddie back in `04. Mary Matalin breaks down the political fallout from the bailout flop.Arthur Davis of Alabama issued the following statement:

“Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie. I defended their efforts to encourage affordable homeownership when in retrospect I should have heeded the concerns raised by their regulator in 2004. Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.”

Nobody said the Republicans were blame free, but the dems have gotten off scot free from ANY blame whatsoever. Unless of course, you believe Arthur Davis is a right wing conspiracy nut? But hey, that wouldn’t surprise us either.

The democrats propaganda department, sorry, I mean the press, has done an excellent job painting the Republicans as the guilty ones while completely ignoring the dems responsibility.

9. Frank is a socialist because he thinks it is the government’s job to provide “affordable housing.” It isn’t.

If he becomes president, Obama is likely to get a log of people killed because he’ll cut the defense budget of needed weapons like the F-22, F-35, V-22, VA class subs, and missile defense.

So Frank is an idiot and Obama is dangerous. Actually, they’re both dangerous.

10. ew says:

I heard that they are spending 150 millions dollars a month in the war, I’m not sure 25% is enough! The liberal illuminati want us to think just pulling out of the war will solve it all but I don’t think that’s true but if these figures are right we need to figure out how to cut back and eventually pull out. How irresponsible is it for us to spend that kind of money in another economy.

11. S. Blakemore says:

Could he be holding some deep hatred towards the Military for their stance against homosexuals?People like Barney Frank need to be run out of Washington but with the dumbing of America taking place,thinking “change”is good they are growing in numbers.

12. Steve Skubinna says:

SB, Frank of all people should know that “Don’t ask, don’t tell” is not the military’s policy. It’s public law, voted by Congress and signed by President Clinton.