Panthers at the Packers (UPDATE: PANTHERS WIN 35-31)

Posted by: ST on November 30, 2008 at 11:16 am

Panthers logoAfter last week’s humiliating 45-28 loss to division rival Atlanta, the Cats will be looking go rebound today when they play the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. The Packers, too, will be looking to turn things around after the 51-29 drubbing they received from New Orleans last Monday.

Wisconsin ST reader and Cheesehead steveegg reports this morning that snow is on its way to Lambeau, which means good conditions for a Packer win. Even if the Cats were playing GB in Charlotte, they’d still face very cold weather. It’ll be rainy and windy here all day, and the temps won’t get out of the mid-40s.

Game time is 1pm ET and the game will be broadcast on Fox.

Update: Whew – that was quite a game, with the Panthers having the better first half and the Packers having the better second half. In the end, though, we pulled it out with under two minutes to go. Final score: 35-31.

28 Responses to “Panthers at the Packers (UPDATE: PANTHERS WIN 35-31)”

Comments

1. Reposted from another thread. -ST

I take it you aren’t going to put up an open thread for today’s game. Oh well; I do have some good news – snow is on the way to Lambeau for a proper Frozen Tundra welcome for the ‘Cats (which is about the only way the Packers can win).

Comment by steveegg @ 11/30/2008 – 9:57 am

2. Reposted from another thread. -ST

I am about 300 miles south of Green bay and we got about 2 inches overnight here. Sooooo it should be interesting to see how much snow they get. But honestly, since they don’t have Brett anymore, is Green Bay much of a threat to anyone??? – Lorica

Comment by Lorica @ 11/30/2008 – 10:46 am

3. NC Cop says:

Ship some of that snow down here, will ya????

Good luck to the cats today!

GO GIANTS!!!! Perhaps the Giants will be able to put aside the distraction of their number one receiver, Plaxico Burress, SHOOTING HIMSELF IN THE LEG!!!!!

What an absolute moron.

Source: Burress tells Giants he shot himself in leg by accident

This should just about destroy one of the best seasons the Giants have had. They certainly do not need this going up against the Redskins, Eagles, and Cowboys in the next three weeks.

4. I’ve heard of shooting oneself in the foot, but that’s ridiculous! ;)

5. BTW, I see the Cats are off to a great start … not. :(

6. steveegg says:

It’s a far better start than the Pack. :(

The snow hasn’t started in Green Bay yet (I’d say about the end of the 3rd quarter), but it has in Milwaukee. It is going to be a major storm, with 6-12 inches predicted for my neck of the woods (very variable because of probable lake enhancement).

7. steveegg says:

It’s been a while since Donald Driver has done a Lambeau Leap. Back when Brett Favre was in town, he’d be fireman-carried on Favre’s shoulders.

8. steveegg says:

That was painful.

9. steveegg says:

The ugly halftime report –

Carolina 21
    Green Bay 10

10. steveegg says:

Back to a 1-possession game (of course, it involves a 2-point conversion).

11. steveegg says:

I don’t think that any camera could’ve given a conclusive view of that play.

Tie game.

12. steveegg says:

Anybody else lose high-def?

Check that; it’s back at 2:20 pm (Central, that is).

13. steveegg says:

The game has turned in the home team’s favor.

28-21 Pack, 13:43 left in regulation.

Ouch nice pass interference Pack.

15. steveegg says:

Bad defense – tie game again.

Smith v Williams is not a good matchup (at least on my end).

16. steveegg says:

And the flurries have started. So I was 6:50 (of game time) or so off.

17. steveegg says:

Dunno if I’d call that a late hit.

18. steveegg says:

Damn, but that Steve Smith is something else.

35-31 Panthers, 90 seconds left, kickoff to the Pack coming up, and they have 2 timeouts left.

19. BeachBabe NC says:

I would have Beeotch slapped that man if he prevented me from gettting Williams ball… 35 to 31…. wow what a great game!!

20. steveegg says:

Turn out the lights, the party’s over.

21. This has been quite a darn game!

22. steveegg says:

That it was. Closer than I thought it would be.

23. I guess I can stop holding my breath now. Whew! steve, I don’t know how the heck we pulled that one off!

24. steveegg says:

Poor kickoff coverage had a big hand in that.

25. Mwalimu Daudi says:

ST – did you know that Carolina has never beaten the Cowboys in the regular season? And they have never lost to the Cowboys in the playoffs?

Just something to think about if they meet later on………….

26. Dana says:

My beloved Oakland Raiders managed to lose to the Kansas City Chief, a team they absolutely thumped with 300 yards rushing in their first meeting.

And here I thought that things were improving, and they might reach six wins this year. :((

27. Leslie says:

Well, the Giants didn’t miss Me Plaxico at all. If the jerk doesn’t have a license for that gun he faces a year in jail. It’s mandatory for possession of illegal weapons in New York.

Either way, he’ll never play another game with the Giants, I’m quite sure.

28. NC Cop says:

That’s what a lot of the media is saying as well, Leslie. I think he’s a great athlete, but he’s an absolute moron.

I’m glad to see the NYPD isn’t playing any favorites, we’ll just have to wait and see what the judge does.

With that said, GO G-MEN!!!!