It’s now time to play Straw Man Bingo, featuring Barack Obama!

Posted by: ST on July 22, 2009 at 7:46 pm

See below for your freebie Straw Man Bingo Card! Just how many straw men will President Obama utilize tonight to characterize the arguments of ObamaCare’s critics?

Bingo!

Bingo!

Via Jim Geraghty, who quips:

It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but they left off a few of my favorite Obama cliches, some of which are straw men, some of which are rhetorical crutches: “We inherited these problems”; “the alternative is to do nothing”; “Let me be clear”; “Can’t get distracted by . . .”; and finally, “As you know, I’ve consistently said,” usually used when announcing a change in position.

Heh. Yep.

The presser starts at 8 PM ET. I won’t be watching it, but in the event that you are, please feel free to use this thread to discuss it.

Related: Obama sez, “You’re going to destroy my presidency” if ObamaCare fails to pass. Legacy time.

11 Responses to “It’s now time to play Straw Man Bingo, featuring Barack Obama!”

Comments

1. Anon says:

This is so funny. I am going to print out some cards and organize a party the next time The One gives a speech — that will be within the next two days if precedent holds.

My favorite Obama speech-habit is when he announces, “Understand ….”

It’s not a straw man phrase though — it’s on the “Classic Cliches by The One” game.

2. Obama sez, “You’re going to destroy my presidency” if ObamaCare fails to pass. Legacy time.

It’s all about the O. ;)

BTW, who won the bingo game?

Heck, His Hollowness has lots of time to create his “legacy”. Bubba is still trying to create one that doesn’t have to do with cigars and stained dresses, and this is eight and one half years later!

The cliches I’d really like to hear are the ones he’s thinking before, during and after his pressers, like, “What a bunch of chumps!” or “Who let this idiot in with a question TOTUS wasn’t briefed on” or “God, I’m glad I don’t have to deal with those sorry losers again for another day!”

If the MSM only knew what he thought of their sorry behinds.

4. proof says:

Haven’t seen that many straw men since the off-Broadway Wizard of Oz tryouts!

5. Jo says:

Would be hilarious if it weren’t so sadly true.

My favorite Obama speech-habit is when he announces, “Understand ….”

That and “let me be clear”…. and then he goes on for another 10 minutes muddying up the waters so no one, except him, understands what he just said, if even he does.

I can’t watch this guy anymore, all I know is, if a Democrat proposes it, I am automatically against it. That is how far to the left these people have swung. There is going to have to be a hell of a lot more convincing for me to believe these guys have what’s best for America, not their party, at heart.

NO healthcare reform without Tort reform!!! That should be our mantra, and everyone should know it. – Lorica

Ohhhh and I have to wonder, as far as these “inefficienties” that they keep talking about, does that mean we are going to start killing off old people?? Wanna save a trillion dollars over the next 10 years, murder everyone over the age of 85, who has a terminal illness. Whenever I hear these guys say that, that is what I think. – Lorica (again)

8. Brontefan says:

YES… the “inefficiencies” are when the procedures are not “cost effective” and since the US government is already worried about the fact that Baby Boomers are going to hit Social Security age soon and Social Security is in trouble—so if you deny these people medical benefits, and they die, you don’t have to pay them. As a Baby Boomer, I take exception to this scenario!

Take a look at the bill, especially pages 435 to 500. It’s in there already.

10. The Game says:

Comment on Obama losing it with average Americans:

Last two nights I have been out at bars with friends, mostly teachers, some conservative, most slightly liberals and one or two hard core liberals.
    Both nights the topic of Obamacare came up and NO ONE…yes NO ONE defended it…even the hard core liberals jumped in.
    One friend has a wife who does accounting for a hospital. She says anytime anyone comes to the hospital with govt health care (medicade or badgercare) the hospital loses money.
    We are in a world of hurt people. This health care plan will end our countries way of operating and living as we know it.
    The only people defending this are hard core liberals and very young people who have not learned anything about life yet.
    The only people who even raised a question or two were a 23 and 25 year old girl. They just had no idea how bad it was because they are not that far removed from their super-liberal college experience.
    Keep fighting conservatives, we need to save the country from Comrade Obama

come check out my blog and help me fight the liberals there!!!