When all else fails – BLAME BUSH!

Posted by: ST on July 29, 2009 at 12:24 pm

The Washington Times reports on the continuing strategy of Democrats to continue blaming our current economic and social messes on our former President:

Facing the first real rough patch of his presidency, President Obama and his supporters are once again resorting to a tried-and-true tactic: attacking George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

In his White House press conference last week, Mr. Obama referred to the Bush era at least nine times, three times lamenting that he “inherited” a $1.3 trillion debt that has set back his administration’s efforts to fix the economy.

With the former president lying low in Dallas, largely focused on crafting his memoirs, Mr. Obama has increasingly attempted to exploit Mr. Bush when discussing the weak economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the difficulty closing the military prison at U.S. Naval Base Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

[...]

“I’m not convinced that Obama and his supporters are bashing Bush as much as they are quite rightfully reminding people that our current economic mess and the wars were inherited from the Bush administration,” said Democratic strategist Bud Jackson. “It’s important to remind people of this because Republicans are now criticizing the Obama administration as if they had no role in how we got here.”

Democratic Party strategist Liz Chadderdon said the strategy of blaming the previous team has been effective.

“I think Bush-bashing has been alive and well since ’07 and, since it keeps working, why not use it?” she said. “Voters have short memories. The administration needs to remind people that things were way worse over the last four years than in the last six months.”

[...]

Even when asserting his responsibility for addressing the nation’s problems, Mr. Obama manages to highlight that he was left to deal with others’ missteps.

At a town-hall meeting this month in Michigan — the state with the nation’s highest jobless rate — Mr. Obama said that fixing the economy is “a job I gladly accept.”

But he added, “I love these folks who helped get us in this mess. And then suddenly say, ‘Oh, this is Obama’s economy.'”

The classic mindset of the modern liberal. When you’ve compounded a problem a trillion-fold, always blame someone else. Thanks for the fine example of “personal responsibility” you’ve set for future generations, Mr. President. 8-|

11 Responses to “When all else fails – BLAME BUSH!”

Comments

1. Speedy says:

“I think Bush-bashing has been alive and well since ‘07 and, since it keeps working, why not use it?” she said. “Voters have short memories. The administration needs to remind people that things were way worse over the last four years than in the last six months.”

i hope they keep up this nonsense. It is like a kindergartner blaming the little brother. The only people buying it are the far left ideologues anyway. This independent, and many more like me smell the dungue from a mile away. Democrats, can you say buy-bye independents.

2. Severian says:

I’m betting Obama’s bicycle still has it’s training wheels on it. Some people never grow up and take responsibility for their own actions.

You can just see the “thought” process now…Hey, I’m tanking in the polls, the Blue Dogs are revolting (no kidding, they stink on ice bada boom!), quick, release some more Bush era memos…Hey everyone, Bush did it!

And Tinkerbell and Jimmy Cricket are culpable too! ;)

I love it when jackasses point to a $1.3T debt and say “We inherited it!” when in 6 short months they have doubled it and are on track to quadruple THAT.

Like it or not, the jackasses drove the recession/depression by their social and economic engineering policies (like Frank and Dodd threatening banks and mortgage companies over their “racist” lending policies when, in fact, those “racist” lending policies were tied to an applicant’s ability to repay a loan) and the only blames for GW & Co. should be they didn’t tell the donks to shove their social engineering policies where the sun don’t shine and then fell in line with the donks with the TARP.

Other than that, looks to me that most the blame now should rest on the Nigerian from Indonesia and his sycophants.

4. Does anyone else wish someone, in one of these town meetings or press conferences when Obama starts to again blame Bush, would just shout “You wanted the job, now stop whining!”

/:)

5. LOL – they’d probably be carted off by the Secret Service ;)

6. Carol says:

I’m not so sure many in America will see through the lies. Obama got elected telling lies. He’ll continue destroying our country with more lies. I’m not holding my breath, but I’m sure praying a lot … even if that makes me a crazy Right-Winger!

7. Joseph Brown says:

Well the idiots got what they wanted, a man-child.
    As an NCO many years ago, my favorite excuse was,”Couldn’ta been me Sarge, I was off that day.”
    It worked then(sorta) and OBongo thinks it works now with his Blame Bush mantra.

8. Brontefan says:

I’m not so sure many in America will see through the lies

You are absolutely dead on target here! If you viewed any of the interviews with John Zeigler [Media Malpractice] you would quickly realize that the majority of these people–even college students–believe whatever the media and their favorite politicians tell them. They adjust to make sure anything that is negative is the responsibility of their adversaries. I wonder when most of these people last read a book.

9. Tom TB says:

The problem with Bush-blaming is that both houses of Congress had a Democrat majority for two years when Obama took office. He can say he inherited fiscal troubles , but he will have to blame his own party.

As pointed out by Thomas Sowell, Bush did nothing to incur a trillion dollar deficit, except sign what Congress had passed and sent to him.

In sync with that, whatever debts incurred during this administration will also rightfully belong to the Congress (undoubtedly with His Hollowness’ blessing), but they will be the responsibility of the Congress, not the Prez.

That avoids the question, of course, of how much cajoling, bullying and downright thuggery is being practiced by this administration.

In any case, if it was Bush’ fault, then it is Obama’s. That’s the way the mop flops in D.C.