Climate change “deniers” revolt

Posted by: ST on July 30, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Gasp!

An outpouring of skeptical scientists who are members of the American Chemical Society (ACS) are revolting against the group’s editor-in-chief — with some demanding he be removed — after an editorial appeared claiming “the science of anthropogenic climate change is becoming increasingly well established.”

The editorial claimed the “consensus” view was growing “increasingly difficult to challenge, despite the efforts of diehard climate-change deniers.” The editor now admits he is “startled” by the negative reaction from the group’s scientific members. The American Chemical Society bills itself as the “world’s largest scientific society.”

Read the rest, including the editorial that started it all, here.

10 Responses to “Climate change “deniers” revolt”

Comments

Well, duh!

These academicentric idiots don’t have a clue when it comes to “consensus”. I pity the poor guy because he obviously knows no one who challenges any of his thinking, so he has ended up with what is politely referred to as “stinkin’ thinkin'”.

I’m sure this brainless waste of oxygen believes he is as correct as the Pope believed he was when he threatened to excommunicate Galileo. The answers are always so obvious to those whose minds can’t be changed with evidence.

2. twolaneflash says:

The editor confused religion and science, an old pitfall. Such conflict did not end with Galileo, and the price of heresy has not diminished. Science is better manned now than Galileo was against the Catholic Church, but the Church of Carbon Dioxide is no unfunded pushover opponent either. Consensus about a weather/climate belief-system makes a religion, not science. A selection of weather/climate data points, mostly unscientifically collected, have been woven into a dogma, and pawned-off on the public like snake-oil in a Western movie. Science has never pinched my purse, but religion has tried to all my life, and this one is no exception. No religion has ever controlled the weather to my knowledge, because if it could, some parts of Texas would be seeing a lot more rain.

Man-Caused-Climate-Change
    Biggest. Ponzi. Scheme. Ever.

3. 2Hotel9 says:

You see, this is easily explained! Let me elucidate for y’all. The ArchEditor Rudy Buam, Gaea’s Name be Praised, figured that since His Holiness, The Prophet of Gaea, Algore, Gaea’s Blessings Be Upon Him, had declared all debate and dissension to be blasphemous and forbidden that he could just say anything he wished. As long as it conformed to the dogma of the Church of Gaea.

A quite easily understood fuax paus. We lowly peons may carry on with our duties, after scourging our backs with barbed wire flails first, of course.

4. 2Hotel9 says:

On a more serious note, I read the article, and went through the list of “dissenting” comments from ACS members, and I have to say I saw a dozen names, just in that short list, of scientists I consider to be above reproach on this subject. Men and women who are by NO MEANS kooks or in anyway unreliable.

Well, just like Sarah is demonized by pagan feminists for being off the reservation, these scientists have to take their lumps, too, ’cause there ain’t nothin’ worse than a runaway slave…

Even if the runaway is running away from a particular religion!

6. Great White Rat says:

I’m not surprised. The academicians who run ACS have gradually transformed it into reliably leftist operation over the years. If my company didn’t provide the membership gratis every year, I’d have discontinued it years ago. Maybe this year I’ll tell them to save the dues money….

At least the July 27 issue of C&EN was the first one worth reading in at while.

7. Rob says:

As a lowly undergrad engineering student, I got the same idea while reading a book about the eruption on Santorini. Ironically my trend loving engineering chairman, whose expertise is in geothermal, agreed 100% with what I said.

8. Steve Skubinna says:

I’m surprised that a person claiming to be a scientist would talk of scientific consensus. “Consensus” is largely antithetical to the way science is supposed to work. Scientific knowledge advances through challenge, not by some agreement. Leave “consensus” to management consultants.

“Leave “consensus” to management consultants.”

Yeah, Steve, like CEO of Government Motors B.H. Obama? Or maybe he who would be prez if the SCOTUS hadn’t stolen the election from him, Algore?