Caption This – Beer Summit edition

Posted by: ST on July 31, 2009 at 1:22 pm

From the “teachable moments” session last night:

President Barack Obama, right, and Vice President Joe Biden, left, reach for the snacks as they have a beer with Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., second from left, and Cambridge, Mass., police Sgt. James Crowley in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington Thursday, July 30, 2009.  (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

President Barack Obama, right, and Vice President Joe Biden, left, reach for the snacks as they have a beer with Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., second from left, and Cambridge, Mass., police Sgt. James Crowley in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington Thursday, July 30, 2009. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Mine: “Wonder twin powers, activate!”

19 Responses to “Caption This – Beer Summit edition”

Comments

1. Severian says:

Biden: “So, a Jew, a black guy, and an Irish Catholic walk into a bar…what, you’ve heard this one?”

2. omapian says:

I am sure that when Sgt James Crawley responded to the Gates residence he never expected to be having a beer with the President. He probably treated it as a routine call for service, like many other such calls he handled over the years.
    Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. on the other hand, saw the Sgt.’s presence as yet another indication of what he perceived as racism in America. The Professor would have a personal experience to present to an elite group of students looking for a good grade in his course.
    The President, who had been briefed on the matter, saw an opportunity to address racism. He declared the police acted ‘stupidly.’
    If the Sergeant had not arrested the Professor for disorderly conduct, the preconceived opinions of both the President and the Professor would never have been questioned. The Sergeant did his job, and the American public had an opportunity to see that white people are not the only ones who can stereotype.

3. Great White Rat says:

Obama: “Yes Joe, your SpongeBob Squarepants watch is prettier than my Rolex, OK? Now can we please get back to finishing our beers with these two?”

4. CalgonTakeMeAway says:

“Rock Paper Scissor…come on! if we both keep using Rock, we’ll never get out of here.”

5. Obama: “Watch it, Joe. I’m always first.'”

6. Wayne says:

Knuckle pound to show our support for post-racism America!

Joe!! Stop trying to hold my hand, the press is watching!!

I’m still laughing at “Wonder Twin Powers….Activate!! =)) Darn Funny Dear!!

I am still of the mindset that I am sick and tired of these guys trying to show us podunks out here in the sticks how the Barack is just a regular Joe… just an everyman. Notice the two peons, Gates and Crowley, are dressed for the occasion, but the P and VP have their sleeves rolled up….as if they had just finished with a hard days work. HA!! – Lorica

8. Ed says:

look to me that Sgt James Crowley was drinking ice tea with a big slice of lemon. Or it was a heavy wheat beer. Do you drink wheat beer with a piece of lemon.:-?

9. Brontefan says:

I am still trying to figure out what this “teachable moment” really means! If you admit you know nothing about the details and still give an opinion–“stupidly” —what? You get to weasel out of it by using the word “calibrate” rather than Ooops! I’m sorry or “too bad I never learned [at Harvard Law School] NOT to comment on something I know nothing about.”
    Okay, I’ll bite: what did we all learn???? :-&

Gates: You’re still nuthin’ but a backwoods Honkie!

Obama: Come on, guys, ya gotta make me look good for all the little people out there.

Biden: Beer nuts! I haven’t had these since I plagiarized that paper in college!

Crowley: You’re still an obnoxious loudmouth, Gates, and I’ll run you in the next time, too. Am I the only sane one here?

11. Neo says:

Rock .. Paper .. Scissors .. Spock

12. twolaneflash says:

Obama & Biden: “Okay, knock it off you two before somebody gets hurt. Yelling “You’re a racist!” at each other more times than there are dollars in the national debt is not the photo-op we were hoping for. Here, we’ll take the hors d’ouevres off your bill, okay.”

13. twolaneflash says:

Three leeches on the public body try to suck the life’s blood out of a man who earns his pay. Why did he swim in this swamp?

14. ClassicFilm says:

Obama: Joe, I promise I won’t let Rahm send you to Siberia next time you gaffe in front of a mic… pinky promise!

15. Tom TB says:

“Yo,Jimmy,I had 17 parking tickets in Cambridge while I attended Harvard, and never paid them off until I ran for President!”

16. Mary says:

Didn’t anyone teach those hicks you do not reach across the table? You say please pass the snacks.

17. NC Cop says:

“Domino, mother******!!!!”

18. teqjack says:

A pic taken later begs the question “which is the friend with compassionate leanings and which is the red-neck bigot?”

LINK

I don’t know if Crowley even voted last election, let alone who he voted for if he did, but in answer to twolaneflash, apparently the driving force to abandon one’s core values so prevalent in D.C. may extend all the way to Connecticut. I certainly hope not, and await some statement from Officer Crowley. I can’t see any reason at all he should demean himself in this way just because our “post-racism” prez who fanned the flames of racism as well as Sharpton or Jackson ever could wants a photo op to make people forget his Biden-sized blunder.

Which brings to mind, GHWB’s VP was a piker gaffer compared to His Hollowness’ VP.