Saints vs. Colts: Super Bowl Sunday Open Thread (UPDATE 2: SAINTS WIN 31-17)

Posted by: ST on February 7, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Colts vs. Saints

In the battle for the biggest prize in football, who will reign supreme? (Photo courtesy of NFL.com)

Time to get in your last-minute predictions as to what will happen and who will win in tonight’s much-hyped match-up between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl 44, being played at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL. Indy is favored to win today, while the Saints are the obvious “sentimental favorite” since they’ve never been to a Super Bowl, and of course, considering what New Orleans has been through since Hurricane Katrina. I’m inclined to root for the Saints on that basis, in spite of the fact that they are a division rival of the Panthers, and in spite of the fact that I think Peyton Manning is adorable. :D

Game time is 6 PM ET and it will be broadcast on CBS.

And don’t forget to be on the lookout for the Tim Tebow ad … sure to make many a raging liberal “feminist’s” head do a complete rotation around their neck a la Linda Blair in The Excorcist. ;)

Update – 6:38 PM: There are apparently going to be two Tebow ads tonight. The first one (below) has already run (pre-game), with the second – supposedly more “controversial” one to air later tonight (via Ed Morrissey).

How offensive and eeeeevil!

Read/watch more of the Tebow story here.

Update 2 – 9:46 PM: Saints win! They dominated the second half, and came out on top 31-17.

17 Responses to “Saints vs. Colts: Super Bowl Sunday Open Thread (UPDATE 2: SAINTS WIN 31-17)”

Comments

1. NC Cop says:

Go Colts!!!!

As a Giants fan, I have to pull for Manning!!!

2. Sarah says:

Colts by at least seven. They have Super Bowl experience that the Saints don’t *and* Obama said that he was cheering for the Saints. Everyone and everything else he’s supported, from Chicago Olympics to Martha Coakley, failed, after all. :)

3. Anthony says:

I have no favorite in this one; each team has a great story behind being here.

Peyton? “Adorable?” I guess… He always looks to me like someone who’s just gotten ready for his 4th-grade class photo. ;)

4. Karrie says:

As a Vikings fan, I have to root for Indy. The Saints will try to maim Manning. Hopefully they will not have as much success as they did with Warner and Favre. I was amazed either of them could walk off the field unassisted.

5. Tim V. says:

Thanks for the support, NC Cop! We in Indy have also been supporting Eli!

Go Team Manning!

6. Sarah, I didn’t know Obama had said anything like that about the Saints. I hope it’s not the kiss of death for them!

7. The NOW ninnies watching for the Tebow ad must have been disgusted by all the pre-game displays of patriotism – LOL.

8. BTW, I’m tweeting on and off about the game here.

9. Tango says:

….I don’t have a dog in the hunt, but I’d never bet against Peyton Manning. Hoping for a good game without excess “officiating.” God Bless America! **==b-)

10. Denny’s is going to get a nasty call from the White House over that commercial :d

11. LOL – I thought it was a pretty accurate commercial, William :)

12. Anthony says:

Jerry Rice!!!

Greatest. Receiver. Ever. :d

(Great to see Russ Grimm get acknowledged, too. The Hogs were an offensive line for the ages.)

I must’ve missed the Denny’s commercial.

13. Anthony, it was the one with chickens in the Oval Office ;)

Chickens in the Oval office, a pig in it – what’s the difference? Neither one knows the significance and both leave their calling piles.

BTW, glad Saints won, had no dog in the fight so didn’t care much one way or other, but would’ve liked to see Warner there one last time, for personal reasons. Oh, well.

15. Anthony says:

Oh, ok. I did see that. The Secret Service chickens in their sunglasses made me laugh. :)

16. LC Gregory says:

No mention of that Audi ad with the Green Police? I found that to be absolutely chilling, and so, I think, did a lot of people who wonder about the final goals of the Greens.