Charlotte a finalist to host the 2012 DNC

Posted by: ST on June 30, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Via The Charlotte Business Journal (hat tip: @CalvaryGirl):

The Democratic National Committee has named Charlotte a finalist to host its 2012 national convention.

The three other finalists are Cleveland, Minneapolis and St. Louis.

Hosting the national convention could bring an estimated economic impact of up to $200 million to the region’s economy and thousands of visitors to the region, the city of Charlotte says in a press release.

Charlotte’s DNC 2012 Host Committee is co-chaired by Mayor Anthony Foxx and Duke Energy Corp. Chief Executive Jim Rogers. Organizers have previously said Charlotte would need to raise $50 million to host the convention.

“The 2012 Democratic National Convention carries a significant and positive economic impact and will also put our city, our region and our state on an international stage,” Foxx says. “Working with a dedicated, bipartisan team of public and private partners, Charlotte is well positioned to land this convention.”

The DNC will announce the 2012 host city by year end.

As I said on Twitter this evening, Charlotte would be the perfect place for the DNC to host its convention. Not only is this city a liberal haven, but I’m sure Barack Obama would love to put this state in the “blue” column again.

I’m getting the red carpet ready, because if Charlotte is selected, I want to make sure that I’m involved with other conservatives in giving the DNC a warm “welcome.” >:)

6 Responses to “Charlotte a finalist to host the 2012 DNC”

Comments

1. Anthony says:

Heh. That should be entertaining. :d

2. Jo says:

They’d best get the trash pick up patrol ready. Those entitled Dem’s seem entitled to trash whatever city they invade and leave mounds of non-’green’ debris in their esimable wake. Good luck Charlotte with the trash situation.

3. Tex says:

My condolences to North Carolina. I used to live in North Carolina nearly 40 years ago. Its far too beautiful of a state to deserve so many slimy Liberals defacing it with their presence.

4. Chris in NC says:

If we get the convention and he comes here, we’ll be a red state for sure. Everything that Obamie the commie touches goes to crap. Please come to Charlotte.

5. TomBeebe says:

Come home to your base… St Louis is a good union town. Charlotte? A bankers hideout; do you really want to be seen cuddling up to Wall Street South? And Minneapolis… land of Al Franken, sure, but Jessee Ventura too.

6. MissJean says:

I was hoping Cleveland would be chosen. I saw that Detroit didn’t even make the list, but I thought that it would be the best choice. The Democratic Party made Detroit what it is today.