NC2: NRCC once again MIA when it comes to Ellmers campaign

Posted by: ST on November 5, 2010 at 9:58 am

As I’ve written previously, I had suspected throughout the general election campaign season this year that NC2 US House GOP candidate Renee Ellmers had not received a dime’s worth of help from the NRCC, and she confirms it here in a request for supporters to help her with the legal fees associated with the recount effort getting ready to get underway in her race against entrenched Congressman Bob Etheridge:

Yesterday, we appealed to the National Republican Congressional Committee for support, asking if they could contribute to help pay the costs of this recount. Their answer, unfortunately, was, No – that we would have to raise the money to pay for the recount ourselves.

I was afraid that would be their answer. Months ago, I went to Washington and asked the National Republican Congressional Committee and many conservative leaders to help my campaign. Many conservative groups – like the Susan B. Anthony List, Concerned Women of America, Freedom Works, and Sarah Palin’s Sarah PAC all helped, but the NRCC declined. Later, they did support other campaigns in North Carolina – which, unfortunately, lost – but we never received their support. In fact, their spokesman told the press “that the campaign wasn’t ready for prime time” – which actually made it even harder for us to raise money. So, I am doubtful we will get support from the NRCC to help with the expense of the recount.

Right now, I lead Bob Etheridge by 1,600 votes. That lead should hold up. But we can’t take anything for granted. We must leave no stone unturned to insure a fair recount. We cannot allow the kind of mishap that happened in Minnesota – when Al Franken was elected – to repeat itself in North Carolina.

This morning my campaign manager set up a special fund – Renee Ellmers for Congress Recount Fund – to pay for the recount. I never dreamed I’d be asking you for another donation two days after the election – but I need to raise $50,000 ‘yesterday.’ The maximum you may give is $2,400. Each contribution – whatever the amount, whether it’s $25, $250, or $500 – is crucial and will be deeply appreciated. Could you send a donation and mail it today? Or, better still, click here, to give on my website.

I read on Twitter last night that the RNC is ponying up $10k. Please consider helping the soon-to-be Congresswoman-Elect from NC2 keep the legal playing field even against Bob Etheridge in this recount battle. Remember, this gal won with nothing else but grassroots support, individual campaign donations, and a tireless campaign effort. It wasn’t even supposed to be close.

Along those same lines, if you’re already doing so, please continue to give to individual candidates rather than the NRCC. Giving to them allows them to redistribute to candidates that THEY feel are most worthy of your campaign donations. That they aren’t helping the only GOP US House candidate in NC who had more votes than their opponent in the general election just goes to show once again their cluelessness and tone deafness. Sad. And unacceptable.

9 Responses to “NC2: NRCC once again MIA when it comes to Ellmers campaign”

Comments

1. Erica says:

The NRCC did the same thing to the Conservative candidate here in KY that was attempting to unseat John Yarmuth(D-KY) who voted 99% of the time with Pelosi and the administration. Todd Lally was seen as a Young Gun by Eric Cantor and others but the NRCC did nothing to help this decorated Iraqi war veteran that was willing to step up once again for his country! I would never donate to such an organization!

2. Phineas says:

The NRCC can go to the Devil. >:)

Like I wrote on Twitter last night, they should be down in NC2 with money and lawyers, and if they want my money, they darn well better start fighting.

For Pete’s sake, she was the Republican nominee and she won, what more do they need?

:-l

3. Texas Mom 2012 says:

I started donating directly to campaigns back when John Thune was running against Tom Daschle. It is really satisfying to contribute in a small way to help defeat an annoying Democrat and at the same time help put a conservative in office. I have been contributing directly ever since. And after this election cycle where the national organizations failed to support many of our candidates, I will never never donate to them again, period! Especially when they failed to strip Moo-Cow of her leadership role, torpedoing Navy vet Joe Miller in the process. If they had stripped her of leadership, it would not be close. In addition, I bet she caucuses with the Dems in January, just like Jumpin Jeffords.

“The NRCC can go to the Devil. >:)”

They already are, Phineas. IMHO, they are little more than an extension of the DNCC, supporting few other than RINOs, those who would vote jackass for a piece of silver and faint praise from the MSM/LSM.

It really doesn’t matter if Steele is centrist, centrist/right, or even flat-out conservative. He has done nothing to bring hearing to a committee that is at least as tone deaf as the president and his gang of thugs, and they should all be swept from any position of power.

5. Great White Rat says:

please continue to give to individual candidates rather than the NRCC.

Way ahead of ya there, ST. That’s been my MO for years. I’ve opened the wallet from time to time for a state GOP organization if I thought it was conservative enough, but never to the national organization. This year most of what I had to donate went to Marco Rubio.

I got a couple of calls this year from the National GOP Senate Committee trolling for money and took great pleasure in telling them to stuff it. And they still kept trying…