BREAKING: Charlotte “wins” the 2012 Democrat National Convention

Posted by: ST on February 1, 2011 at 11:11 am

Oh hell! Here we go:

Charlotte has won the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

First Lady Michelle Obama announced the choice this morning in an email to members of the Democratic National Committee.

“I am thrilled to make sure you are the first to hear some very exciting news,” she wrote. “Charlotte, North Carolina will host the 46th Democratic National Convention in 2012.

“Charlotte is a city marked by its southern charm, warm hospitality, and an “up by the bootstraps” mentality that has propelled the city forward as one of the fastest-growing in the South. Vibrant, diverse, and full of opportunity, the Queen City is home to innovative, hardworking folks with big hearts and open minds. And of course, great barbecue.”

Did I call it or what? Democrats want this state again and they want it badly.

It’s on. :D

7 Responses to “BREAKING: Charlotte “wins” the 2012 Democrat National Convention”

Comments

1. Phineas says:

Heh. And I can guess who will be the “undercover blogger” at the event. >:)

When MO talks about “up by the bootstraps”, she means the boots the guvmint stole from someone who earned them and gave to “one more deserving” of them.

I’m sure Duh-1 and Blimpie will have a blast in Charlotte, and just think of all the bloopers Slo Joe will be able to blame on the city and surroundings!

And I’m just as sure the Muslim Brotherhood of SC will welcome Obhammud with open arms, too.

3. FrankNitti says:

i live 80 miles down the road from Char….start making my vacation plans now be be very far away……might need to take another week as i’m sure the stench will linger for awhile…lol

4. Tango says:

….all I can say is, “better you than me!”

Aaargh! (Still remembering the mess Barry’s entourage created the last time he dropped in).

5. Chris in NC says:

I CAN’T WAIT to protest the hell out of it. I plan on handing out what they like to hand back.

I’ll have my “Obama is a Keynesian” and “Sarah Palin’s turds are smarter than Obama” and “Kenya Do It? Not again!” signs ready to go… :)

6. b5blue says:

The Tea Party ought to hold a conference at the same time in Charlotte. It would definitely steal some media attention from the leftists; especially if they could get Palin, Beck or Bachmann to attend.

And why shouldn’t they (TEA partiers) hold that “super conference” at the same time? After all, every Repub convention since Goldwater was nominated in ’64 has had (most times violent) demonstrators that got as much press as the conventions themselves.

I would hope every real TEA partier would attend, and they could determine specific directions they support in where the country should be going in the next 8 years.

That, of course, would exclude nearly every Lame Stream Media Republican “frontrunner” from the attendees, such as Romney and Huckleberry.

And please, no McCain!