The most awesome image you’ll ever see on the FBI’s website

Posted by: ST on May 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm

yes. Yes. YES:

OBL - Wanted

We got 'im.

Still so much information rolling in as to what went down, etc. You can catch up on all he latest developments, including learning more about the Navy SEAL team involved in taking out Public Enemy Number One, here.

8 Responses to “The most awesome image you’ll ever see on the FBI’s website”

Comments

1. Rod says:

I agree… that is if it’s true.

2. eaglewingz08 says:

Both OBL and Hitler declared dead on May 1st. Maybe they’ll be virginal buddies in hell?
    Couldn’t happen to nicer guys.

3. Phineas says:

Very satisfying. :)

(But I still want helmet-cam video of the kill-shot. )

4. Ditto Rod and Phineas. I have an uneasy feeling about this. It seems almost too convenient.

5. Phineas says:

Actually, I have no doubt it’s true. I just want that helmet cam shot for the personal satisfaction I’d feel watching it. :)

6. Old Goat says:

I don’t think even this WH will keep the photos from being put out there. Too many will not believe without some proof.

Notice how Osama is now being spelled? It was rare when it was spelled Usama, but with Duh One in the WH, it seems the “O” has been mostly replaced with a “U”.

Why is it that there are so many variations on the spelling of these names? Further, why is it that the favorite manner of spelling them changes? Just odd.

7. Phineas says:

Not all that odd, really. Transliteration between alphabets is imprecise because of differing sounds and the way alphabets represent them. And the rules or guides for transliteration are revised every so often. I imagine the difference between “Osama” and “Usama” is due to the sound of the first letter in Arabic, which I’ll bet is something an English “O” and a “U.”

Why, yes, I am a bit of a languages geek. :">

8. captaingrumpy says: