Open Thread and Prayer Request

Posted by: ST on May 26, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Hey y’all,

Sorry for the light blogging the last couple of weeks.  Life has been a whirlwind for me between a busy schedule at work and personal responsibilities – some days I come home just flat worn out.  I tend to be able to be online in spurts now rather than being able to be on sporadically through the day.  That’s just the way it is for yours truly right now – I blog when I can.  Thankfully, my co-blogger pretty much kicks a** with providing thoughtful content, and has been a real lifesaver for me. :)   I am currently in the process of reprioritizing and reevaluating my average day in order to try and better manage my time.  Hopefully that will aid me in being able to do more of what I love best, which is to write about politics, current events, and pop culture.

Tomorrow, for a good bit of the day I’ll be with my dad as he goes in for outpatient surgery to put a stent in his arm in the event he has to be put on dialysis for his kidney disease in the near future.  The poor guy has gone through so much in the past couple of years with his health, and my heart just goes out to him.  It pains me to see him suffer so much and not be able to do anything about it, and the stress is taking its toll on my mother – even though she would never admit it.  I cry sometimes, and worry a lot and pray a lot.

Would you pray for my dad, too, please?

Hope to catch y’all sometime tomorrow.  If not, sometime this weekend.  Have a safe holiday weekend, everyone.

16 Responses to “Open Thread and Prayer Request”

Comments

1. Chris in NC says:

Prayers sent. Hope all goes well.

2. Heather says:

My mom died on Tuesday after suffering with kidney failure for the last several years. She had a catheter put in on Tuesday but ultimately her heart just wasn’t strong enough. She suffered a lot in the past few years with her kidney failure. I didn’t mean to blather on, but what I meant to say was I know exactly what you are going through. I will be praying for you both to have the strength to get through this and the Lord to guide the doctors as they work.

3. Phineas says:

Heather, you have my sympathies. No matter how old we are, it always hurts.

4. ST says:

Heather, I am so sorry to hear about the loss. I am sure you must be so devastated. My God bless your family during this difficult time. Thank you for your encouragement.

5. chris muir says:

wishing you strength,
    c

6. Great White Rat says:

Prayers here for your family as well, and also for you. I’m seeing some very similar close to home here, and I know it’s very difficult.

7. Drew the Infidel says:

Please know my heart and prayers are with you.

8. ST says:

Thanks, y’all. At the hospital now.

9. Kate says:

Prayers and condolences….all is well in God’s hands!

10. Brian says:

I feel your pain. My sweetheart just lost her father under very similar circumstances. And even though it wasn’t entirely unexpected – it still took a toll on those around him. I’ll keep your and those around you in my prayers – and will say an extra rosary for your dad. It’s not as easy as perhaps it should be, but try to find comfort in knowing that at the end of his struggles here on earth – he will find comfort in the Lord’s loving embrace.

11. Burt Likko says:

My thoughts and best wishes are with ST’s family and my condolences to Heather and hers.

12. Tibby says:

You and your family have my prayers. Hang in there. And my condolences to Heather also.

13. Heather says:

Thank you all.

God Bless You Dear, know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Heather, please know that you have my condolences, and you are in my prayers also. – Lorica

15. captaingrumpy says:

Thinking of you dear.

16. Jim McDonald says:

Hope all goes well with your Dad.