Happy New Year!

Posted by: ST on December 31, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Wanted to check in quickly and wish everyone a happy, healthy, prosperous, and blessed 2012. It’s a quiet night for yours truly – spending it with the lovely Muffie Toldjah. :)

Please try to remember if you’re out celebrating that AAA will pick up you and your car, member or not, for free if you and/or your friends/family are too intoxicated to drive. Phone number: 1-800-222-4357.

Be safe! Happy 2012. :)

• THE FIRST STREET JOURNAL. trackbacked with Doug Ross’ 2011 Fabulous Fifty Blog Award Winners...
  • 12 Responses to “Happy New Year!”

Comments

1. Phineas says:

Happy New Year, ST & MT. :d

2. Tex says:

Happy New Year to everyone!

3. CAPT Mike says:

Happy New Year!

and Best Regards,

4. Drew the Infidel says:

Happy New Year to all. Now let’s make it deliriously happy in November. Register to vote now!

5. Tom TB says:

Happy New Year, ST and everyone!

6. Great White Rat says:

Happy New Year to all!

And this just in…in case you didn’t notice yet, you’re reading the winner of the 2011 Fabulous 50 Blog Award Winner in the category of Best Political Blogging.

(OK, it’s a 7-way tie, but with the hundreds of blogs to pick from, that’s one great achievement!)

Congrats, ST!

7. Dana says:

Well, the Rat beat me to making the announcement, but I’ll offer my congratulations anyway!

8. ST says:

Thanks, guys! Many props go to my co-blogger as well – couldn’t have made it this past year without him!

Late but not forgotten, Happy New Year, ST and Phineas.

I was unable to keep up New Year’s Day because I was on the road – to Pasadena, where my beloved Ducks showed Wisconsin what fast and furious ought to mean. Then drove all night to get back because I don’t do motels real well. Sleepers in a rig are better, especially if the rig is moving.

10. Phineas says:

That was a heckuva game, Carlos. Some online friends in Wisconsin were cursing with words even I hadn’t heard. :)

Talking to some of the cheese factory fans after the game, some of them felt they got jobbed at both the fumble recovery and the final spike. Most, however, were pleased that it was such a clean and well-reffed game.

Going back and watching it again in stop-action, it’s clear the refs made the right calls on both of those plays, but never once called Wisconsin for holding. I could see those from my seat, which was 3/4 of the way up in the north end zone, but figured out long ago that refs are typically unable to see many things going on. That’s life.

My compliments to Wisconsin and their fans. They are courteous, knowledgeable and sincere (if somewhat reserved compared to what happens at Autzen Stadium every game), and, since they outnumbered us, obviously travel well. A hat tip to you.