Profiles in how black conservatives are treated by “tolerant” black liberals

Posted by: ST on February 1, 2012 at 5:59 pm

We all know black conservatives have it worse than most other conservatives when it comes to how they are treated by the more militant members of the political opposition – especially by black liberals. Stray from the group-think mentality even just a little bit, and all of a sudden you’re an “Oreo” or an “Uncle Tom” or a “traitor to your race”, etc. It’s disgusting, but unfortunately it’s also tolerated by white liberals because they’re so desperate to retain their hold on the black vote.

With that in mind, read this post and watch the accompanying video about black conservative Charlotte Bergman, a candidate for Congressional office in Tennessee’s 9th District (a “safe” Democrate district for decades) who gets treated like garbage by a black radio host who goes so far as to tell her he doesn’t want her to shake his hand because he’s afraid the “whiteness” will rub off on him.

Let’s just imagine for five seconds this were a white conservative using that kind of humiliating rhetoric against Bergmann. Yeah, I know.

Her response, on Facebook:

Is this the way many black women are treated in Memphis, throughout our nation? Could this be the reason there is a break down in many of the black families whose young people give up and end up in jail, in gangs, on drugs and eventually hardened enough to murder another human being?

Can we wonder why 42% of our young give up on school and on their futures?

I think we are now looking at the core of the problem. We are looking at abuse, not in the confines of a home, but in the confines of a small studio. A huge black man intimidating a woman who loves her community and only wanted to have a chance to speak to that community and to provide hope for a better life.

According to The Blaze, Bergmann has been invited to CPAC to talk about her experience. Good for her. If she goes, I hope she uses the opportunity to talk about her platform, which sounds pretty darned good to me.

And here they say it’s the conservatives who are “intolerant” of differing opinions?? Now, I’m sure the Rev. Al and NOW will be all over this one in condemnation of Thaddeus Matthews’ despicable treatment of Bergmann. Uh huh.

11 Responses to “Profiles in how black conservatives are treated by “tolerant” black liberals”

Comments

1. kajun says:

Maybe he’d like to ‘interview’ Col. Allen West. Maybe then he wouldn’t overdrive his mike and he’d learn some ‘r-e-s-p-e-c-t’. And if Col West is busy maybe Alfonzo Rachel (sp?) might be available.
    I will say, the lady should have been prepared for this guy. I don’t think his ‘show’ is much different at other times, but this is the first time I’ve saw/listened to him so I don’t really know.
    She stayed a lot longer than I would have and has a whole lot better ‘temper’ level then I.

Is there a web address for this lady?

And where can one complain about the thug?

3. ST says:

Carlos – the only contact links I saw on her website were for staffers. The guy whose show was so offensive – I think he owns the radio station it was on. :-\

4. Glenn Bergen says:

I just don’t get it. Black conservatives get “demonized”, and shamed for speaking out of turn of the “Black Street”. Last year, Herman Cain, got smeared even before he was a candidate (in fact, Sister Toldjah was the reporting venue). I was so thoroughly enraged, that I sent the ST article to a number of my friends, offering proof that white liberals DO NOT want black conservatives entering into the national debate. Now we have the black left-winger going against a black conservative.. I truly feel sorry for her having to put up with that level of BS. I would have offered Thaddeus a ticket on a seat in the back of a bus in Alabama.

5. michelle says:

What’s “AKS”? l-)

6. Drew the Infidel says:

I coached at some schools where I was one of the few white faces on campus. I always drilled into any team or classroom of which I was placed in charge that “It isn’t what you are in life that holds you back; it is what you think you are not.”

7. Brontefan says:

Despicable! But this is how they do it! This is how they convince millions of unthinking Americans that Republicans are stupid. It is unconscionable. It’s also a DOUBLE STANDARD. News commentators viciously jump on any gaffe by a conservative but give Obama a pass ALL DAY LONG. Any Corpsmen with an S out there?

8. Tex says:

Perhaps the radio host should read his history books again. It was the Democratic Party who was pro-slavery. It was the Republican Party who made slavery illegal. And most importantly, he should read the section in that history book about how the Ku Klux Klan was formed after the Civil War as a Democratic Party paramilitary group to keep blacks from exercising their freedoms given them under Republican President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation. And the KKK murdered not only blacks but white Republicans as well. Also, not one Democrat voted for the 14th Amendment in 1868. And let him not forget that the Democratic Party was the party of choice of the KKK for 100 years until the 1960s, when the KKK’s back was effectively broken.

So tell me who the real Uncle Tom’s are here?

It would not surprise me if this man wasn’t just doing what his lefty white masters told him to do. – Lorica

Sounds to me like the radio host is really into “the massa’s work” and really into keeping “his people” (just like the AG of the United States likes to think of them) on the new Democrat plantation.

11. Annette says:

This gets done to Jewish conservatives, too…and women who are conservative; we’re told we’re “not Jewish” or “not female”. I got so fed up with being told how “not Jewish” I am because I’m conservative that I decided to make it come true: I no longer identify or live as a Jew.