Donald Trump to endorse Newt Gingrich?

Posted by: ST on February 1, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Confirmed: The silly season really IS upon us!

Oh well – at least this means Trump will stop talking the silly talk about possibly throwing his hat into the ring as an “Independent.”

Next?

Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich

Donald Trump smiles at left as Republican presidential candidate, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich talks to media after their meeting in New York, Monday, Dec. 5, 2011. Photo: - Seth Wenig/AP

9 Responses to “Donald Trump to endorse Newt Gingrich?”

Comments

1. SpideyTerry says:

I’m still not convinced he won’t announce his candidacy – with Newt standing there like a sucker.

His endorsement carries just slightly more weight with me than, say, Matthew Broderick’s or Angelina Jolie’s. Trumps entire purpose this election cycle is the same as it has been for the last several years – to make money.

And, while the endorsement may carry weight with some people and Newt seems happy to get it, he really comes across as a schlub in the pic.

3. ST says:

Carlos, the pic was taken back in December with you – I agree with you on what it looks like tho and for the ‘weight’ the endorsement carries. I’m getting so sick of Trump.

4. Drew the Infidel says:

I don’t think Trump will run. No matter how Obhammud has conducted himself, surely Trump is perceptive enough to know there will be limits on his objectives, namely Congress, the Supreme Court, and the Constitution. He cannot stand the thought of that many instances of someone telling him “no” and making it stick.

5. CZ says:

Those two clowns deserve each other.

But don’t expect them to be taking warm showers together in the wee hours of the morning.

6. Conrad says:

I don’t think this necessarily means Trump is ruling out a third-party bid. He could support Newt now, and then when Newt drops out of the race in a couple of months, he could use his exit from the race as justification for having to take up the cause in his own name. (I’m not saying this is his plan, just that his endorsement of Newt doesn’t close any doors for a third-party run.)

Of course, Trump’s infuence as a political figure is greatly exaggerated, so it probably doesn’t matter too much what he does.

7. Jiji says:

I’m guessing that Trump will endorse Romney. Money chases money does it not?

And his endorsement still carries just slightly more weight with me than, say, Matthew Broderick’s or Angelina Jolie’s.

Only now it’s Mitt who looks like a schlub.