BREAKING: Newt to suspend campaign next week, according to aides

Posted by: ST on April 25, 2012 at 10:01 am

Just coming across the Fox News wire:

Newt Gingrich plans to formally suspend or end his presidential campaign next Tuesday, senior Gingrich aides told Fox News.

Gingrich will “more than likely” endorse Mitt Romney at that time, a source said.

Well, this is it, folks. Assuming this report from “senior aides” is accurate, Mitt Romney is for all intents and purposes our nominee now. Getting to the numbers, and then the nomination at the convention, are mere formalities at this point.

*Deep breaths.*

6 Responses to “BREAKING: Newt to suspend campaign next week, according to aides”

Comments

1. Dana says:

Why wait until next week?

2. Wendy says:

It’s time – he started out strong – with some great ideas – I was willing to give the guy a chance early on, but sorry folks – he’s become an embarassment. For Newt Gingrich it really is about him. We don’t need another self-centered President. The guy has been doing virtually nothing for the last month and in these very difficult financial times – taking Secret Service protection at a huge cost to taxpayers knowing full well he would never make it to Tampa – financially or otherwise. In my opinion – he is irrelevant -

3. Bobby says:

I couldn’t agree more – why wait until next week? I never liked the guy but always liked the fact that he spoke openly, honestly and had a few funny one-liners. I was a Herman Cain supporter. That didn’t last long. Throw in the towel, Newt…the game is over.

4. Marshall Art says:

Please, oh PLEASE! Can we have Ron Paul make a formal announcement to drop and support Romney? Or has he already folded his campaign and I just missed it? Curse him if he tries a third party attempt.

5. Drew the Infidel says:

I would much prefer to line up with Newt than against him. Ron Paul needs to discover bingo.

6. Ken66 says:

Well, if I have to hold my nose and vote, not for Romney so much as against Obama, then so be it.