“Major economic speech” by Obama planned for Thursday

Posted by: ST on June 13, 2012 at 9:20 am

Via The USA Today:

President Obama will seek to draw economic contrasts with Republican opponent Mitt Romney in what campaign aides are billing as a major speech on Thursday.

In announcing the address at a community college in Cleveland, the Obama campaign said the president will describe his vision as “ensuring that our economy is built to last and restoring economic security for the middle class.”

Obama also plans to condemn Romney’s vision, which the campaign said is “based on the same failed economic policies that brought on the worst crisis since the Great Depression.

“Romney Economics is familiar and troubling,” said the Obama campaign. “More budget-busting tax cuts for the wealthy; fewer rules for Wall Street — the same formula that benefited a few, but that crashed our economy and devastated the middle class.”

Obama is not expected to unveil any new policy proposals of his own; the president is still trying to persuade Congress to adopt elements of a jobs bill he proposed last year.

(Bolded emphasis added by me)

Translation: there’s nothing new here. It’ll just more of the same old song and dance we’ve been hearing for the last three and a half years, jacked up on spinsanity with a generous helping of predictable Democrat class warfare and demagoguery – given in front of (presumably) a captive audience of college students (shocking).

In other news, dog bites man.

BTW, here’s Obama’s fundraising schedule for this week, in the event you actually thought his “presidential responsibilities” excuse for not campaigning for Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett in the Wisconsin recall election was legitimate. Just sayin’ …

8 Responses to ““Major economic speech” by Obama planned for Thursday”

Comments

1. Wendy says:

Only the faithful listen to him anymore – most simply turn him off. I read excerpts of what he says so I stay “informed”, but my best friend and some family members agree – we can’t stand to listen to anything he says. We simply turn off the source of his voice. I have never found him to be a great orator – maybe I’m a minority, but even when he was running before – I found his speech patterns to be annoying – very halting and inflection in the wrong places. Perhaps my experience with the speech program when my kids were in high school has an impact on what I believe is a good orator???!!!!

2. Chris in N.Va. says:

The same song and dance — a perverted minstrel show.

At least Bojangles could actually dance and carry a tune in something besides a speech-loaded iPod.

Ozymandias-on-the-Potomac is rapidly (we hope!) on his way to a place in history beside those other famous “two trunkless legs of stone” amidst the blowing sands of time.

…and none too soon…

3. SpideyTerry says:

Presumably, the speech writers are drilling into Obama’s head to stick to the script. Otherwise, they’ll be stuck with more “private sector is doing fine” nonsense.

4. Tex says:

How many different ways can you explain to people your economic philosophy of taking money from rich people and redistributing it to less rich people?

5. @Wendy: My sentiments exactly. About the only people who listen to his drivel or buy his lousy books are those poor lost souls among us who hold him in some sort of superstitious awe. But I’m still waiting for a fuller explanation of those “thingamajigs” he mentioned; the suspense is too much.

6. Tom TB says:

Today will be 0bama’s 41st fundraising trip to NYC. First an appearance at the WTC site at 5:00PM, shutting down PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) train service between lower Manhattan and NJ 3:00 to 6:00 at the height of the evening rush. Then to the upper west side home of actress Sara Jessica-Parker, and finally the Plaza Hotel. Sign on a restroom hand drier: “For a message from the President; press button”.