Posted by: ST on August 1, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Totally awesome – via WBTV News:

BOONE, NC (WBTV/WIS) – The owner of the largest Wendy’s restaurants franchise in the world showed his support for competitor Chick-fil-a with a message on some signs in the Carolinas.

WBTV has learned of at least one Wendy’s sign in Columbia, South Carolina that read “We stand with Chick-fil-A” on Wednesday morning.

A couple of hours later, that sign was taken down.

Jim Furman, CEO of Tarheel Capital based out of Boone, NC, who owns the restaurant and 74 other Wendy’s said the company decided to post the message.

Furman tells told WBTV’s sister station in Columbia that he doesn’t know how many of the company’s restaurants posted the message, but he says it was more than just the one.

Furman said the message supporting Chick-fil-A was taken down because the company “felt it was time to go back to their marketing message.”

The national Wendy’s corporation went onto social media on Wednesday, saying Furman’s message was his own.

“An independent franchisee posted the sign, which he’s taken down,” Wendy’s officials tweeted to WBTV on Wednesday. “We proudly serve ALL customers!”

As does Chick-fil-A.

I went by the local Chick-fil-A in Concord, NC on my lunch hour and the line was wrapped around the drive thru with cars lined up to get in at both entrances. People were waiting outside to get in. It was standing room only inside the restaurant. One customer who was sitting at a table eating with her young child told me there had actually been MORE customers waiting to get in earlier. Nice J I posted a few pictures at my Twitter account. Twitter, btw, is filled with pictures and stories right now of people’s experiences at their local Chick-fil-A today. Unfortunately I couldn’t eat at the one I was at because I figured the wait would be more than an hour and I had to get back to work, but my goal is to stop by another one on the way home to get a cookies and cream milkshake. :-D

Have you been to a Chick-fil-A today? Please write about your experience in the comments section. Thanks, America, for supporting capitalism, religious freedom, and good food today!

Update – 6:14 PM: Here’s my Facebook photo album of pictures I took at three area Chick-fil-A locations today. :)  And make sure to check out Twitchy Team’s photo collection of pix tweeted from freedom-loving Americans from across the country!

14 Responses to “Owner of 75 Wendy’s franchises, some in NC/SC, announces support for #ChickfilA (UPDATED)”

Comments

1. woerm/THR says:

:-? Pulled into Chick-Fil-A at 183 and Braker in Austin line was wrapped around the building two serving lanes and any army of hungry folks I knew that Ted Cruz RINO hunters were hungry but that was truly wonderful

2. Tregonsee says:

I stopped at a Chick-fil-a which is relatively new, and in an area which while commercial is not a huge traffic area. They were almost full inside, and the line at the window, where I went, was a very reasonable 5 minutes. Later, I went past one near a huge shopping center and retail area. They were jammed, with long lines on the adjacent side street. I expect any MSM coverage will be of stores such as the first, to show what a “flop” it was.

3. Stories like this belligerent guff directed at Chick-Fil-A really stick in my craw. I do not jack with others and am quick to defend anyone who is being pushed around. I am a Methodist but stand firm with the Catholics and their travails over contraception. The local Chick-Fil-A is as far across town from my residence as it can be but I will make it a special point to patronize each and every time I am by their store.

4. Murphy's Law says:

I blogged about my experience today…and the bomb threat that another local Chik-fil-A received. Such tolerant liberals!

As it turns out, my wife and I will be going to Sacto to pick up a car. We plan on making a trip to one of the local Chick-Fil-A’s there on the way in, and one on the way out.

And maybe stop by a Wendy’s and ask them why they didn’t express support for Chick-Fil-A?

6. Kathy says:

Went to the Chick-fil-a in the Monmouth Mall food court (in central new jersey). hundreds there at lunch time, all kinds of people, happy, orderly. everyone knew they were there for a good reason. The manager took a moment to announce how happy he was to serve all of us, and everyone waiting let out a big cheer! Many people were commenting “It should be like this in November.”

7. Severian says:

Gotta love the Wicked Witch of the West Nancy Pelosi. “I prefer KFC” she sniffed imperiously.

So, Nancy, instead of patronizing a US family owned business where every store is owned and operated by an independent business person, you support a big, 1% owned mega CORPORATION conglomerate place owned by PepsiCo?!? Oh the humanity.

I got to the CFA at 11:25 today for lunch, and both drive thrus were backed up out of the parking lot and there wasn’t a single empty parking space.

Nice burn off of the spicy chicken sammich too.

8. RiderInTheNight says:

I went to Chick-Fil-A in Metairie, Louisiana today around 11;15 am and waited in the drive thru line for almost two hours. The line never let up the entire time I was there, inside was packed tight. Saw the same location on the 6 pm news and the line was still non stop and inside full. The atmosphere was like a big family reunion…everyone friendly and having a good time in the sweltering heat. I was also surprised about the positive media this got here today…shocking for looney liberal land New Orleans.

9. BBHunter says:

- All the above here in San Diego.

- With 8 hours to go the owner said the chain had set a new world record in several categories already.

- HuffPoop had to yank a biased agitprop article when comments were running 98% in support of dah Chicka.

- Hey Proggies. Hows that boycott working out for you?

10. Here on the plains of West Texas in Odessa and Midland (hometown of George W. Bush) Chick-fil-a did record amounts of business. And never was heard a discouraging word.

11. Rick Z says:

Great to see honest “poll results”. There really is a silent majority, and this is one expression of their views.

Wonder if the ‘Appreciation Day’ will carry forward to Election Day. This might be a terrific ‘get out the vote’ experience.

12. Kate says:

Went to CFA around 4 p.m. before I went to the grocery store in Allentown PA (near Trexlertown). The drive thru line was around the store and people were lined up inside to the door….but,earlier it was a mob scene according to the manager who was busy reloading the napkin dispenser and making everything look great at the store. She said she was called and is expecting a couple busloads for dinner hour and that I came at the best time. There were two local news teams there at the lunch hour when it was packed. Way to go Lehigh Valley!!!

Capitalism and free market choosing at its best…

Good comments, Rick Z.

14. Bill says:

All I can say is thank you Rahm Emanuel, because of you I had my first ever meal at a Chick-fil-A on Tuesday and it was fabulous. We drove by the very same restaurant on Wednesday at about 11:30 AM and it was packed. There wasn’t a single parking spot available and people were parked along a road behind the restaurant. What a great feeling to know that the American people realize what these progressives are trying to do to our freedoms and are willing to stand up and fight back. By the way, this was in Willis Tx., about 30 miles north of Houston.