The Democrat spin on Romney’s tax return release will be epic

Posted by: ST on September 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Guy Benson’s post on the release of Mitt Romney’s tax returns is awesome. I won’t even excerpt it. The headline says it all:

Democrats, Media Get Punk’d: Romney Releases Tax Returns

I mean well and truly punk’d. Here’s a hint on one revelation: Romney gave away roughly 30% of his income to charity.

Make sure to read the whole thing, and then sit back and what for the epic spinning of this by the left and their allies in the mainstream press to begin.

Happy Friday! :D

Update – 5:05 PM: Hah! Like clockwork. Via Twitchy Team:  Left outraged Romney paid too MUCH in taxes, gave 30 percent to charity; Reid, Biden hardest hit

15 Responses to “The Democrat spin on Romney’s tax return release will be epic”

Comments

1. dj says:

Within seconds the left went from “Mitt’s not paying his fair share!” to “Mitt’s paying too much!” and the spin will keep spinning until it settles on Prop 8. Guaranteed.

2. EBL says:

If by spin, you mean the Dairy Queen-esque swirl on a cone full of something that might vaguely resemble chocolate…yeah, I am waiting for it.

3. Candy says:

Off topic. I saw a vid at Gateway Pundit (Post title: Islamists Crucify Black Man in Yemen/GRAPHIC), that sickened me.

LINK

Ignore link reading, something went wrong at his site, it’s the right post though.

The brothers out here that think Islam is so great and Obama’s taking care of business need to see this.

4. If anyone thought for one second Romney would play games with his taxes they ought to be committed. He is not from Chicago and it is relatively certain he did not pull a (Treasury Secretary)Tim Geithner and goof things up with his returns and then blame Turbotax. Take a cue: Hire an accountant.

Reid: The result of being punch-drunk and an incredibly lucky thief.

Biden: One whose plageristic talents never came across the definition of “charity” as not having to do with anything government. He still believes in that echo chamber he calls his head that charity begins with the theft of money from the middle class to line the pockets of his rich union bosses.

But one has to admit, those two have at least twice as many fans as PMSDNC, and all four of those fans will tell you so.

And Romney? It wouldn’t make any difference if he’d given 100% to charity and wandered the streets in sackcloth and ashes, the socialists would still hate him because he’s not enough of a statist for them.

I find it absolutely amazing that BH Obama gave $172,000 in charitable donations last year.

Except, my guess is that it was to such NFPs as Media Matters, or anywhere else he knew he’d get it back in spades with “free” advertising for his campaign…Certainly not to his “church.”

Mittens’ donations, OTOH, were to such terrible places as his church! Oh, the agony of seeing a man donate to something and not expect anything except a tax deduction in return!

BTW, Slo Jo and Duh-1, those donations to churches also help people (especially in the case of the Mormon Church) stay off the public dole, or use it minimally. I can see why you don’t like those donations – it cuts into your buying votes with MY money.

7. David Christensen says:

:( I am so sad for our great country that we have had to endure the last 3 1/2 years. I hope the damage can be rectified in short order, but likely it will take a generation.

8. tom says:

So Romney overpaid his taxes by not taking charitable deductions he could have taken. This after saying ” I don’t pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don’t think I’d be qualified to become president.”

And Drew the Infedel, you don’t think someone like Romney -off shore accounts and all – is not playing games with his taxes? You rubes will believe anything.

@tom – From your comments I assume your are an Obama supporter.

And you think WE’LL believe anything? I’d be willing to bet you can’t even remember the last time Obama told the truth in a public setting!

10. @Tom–What law did he violate?

11. Severian says:

You see the same BS here as with the liberal idiots on AGW. If its a warm winter, that proves AGW is real, if it’s a brutally cold winter that proves AGW is real, ditto for mor or fewer hurricanes, tornados, whatever. Same here, he is bad cause he paid no taxes, now Romney’s bad because he did pay taxes.

Like talking with a 3 year old isn’t it? Which is about the level of intelligence and maturity of your average Dem.

So tell me, Sev – why are you dissing 3-year-olds like that?

13. tom says:

I know Severian would rather talk about climate change and three year old girls, but let me get back to original subject.

Drew, I didn’t say he broke the law, just that he’s playing games with his return. He has $4 mil in charitable contributions 1/2 to the Mormon Church and 1/2 to a family trust fund (which gives to the same church), and he only writes off half of this 4 mil on his 2011 return in order not to highlight the fact that people with $42 mil/year in income can – with a team of tax accountants – manage to lower their effective FIT rate to 10% or 11%. I accept he may have stayed within the letter of the law, but it shows how skewed our tax code is.

Yep, tom, our tax code is so skewed that people who don’t earn a dime all year long have two HDTVs (along with a complete cable or satellite package), two cars (probably as new or newer than mine), plenty of money to play the lottery, and steaks every other night, all without paying a single dime of taxes.

Somehow, that picture is just a little bit out of whack, don’t you think? Nah, you’ll just say it’s only fair that those folks have the same as the rest of us that had to work to get it…