Sunday Football Open Thread

Posted by: ST on September 23, 2012 at 10:46 am

Yes, the Panthers lost on Thursday. More like – were destroyed.  In front of a national audience. Still too painful to talk about … be gentle with me.

What games are on your radar today?  Here are my pool picks for this week:

Panthers (L)
Eagles
Chargers
Broncos
Steelers
Patriots
Packers

I’m not that great at the office pool anyway, especially the first few weeks as I’m getting to know the teams. I pay ZERO attention to off-season football chatter, outside of Panthers stuff. So. There you have it. At least I’m willing to go on record. :D

7 Responses to “Sunday Football Open Thread”

Comments

1. Dana says:

Being an Oakland Raiders fan, I’m sure that I’ll be suffering through the game against the Steelers, but at least that means the game will be on television here!

Boy, did we get taken in the Carson Palmer trade.

2. You think you’ve got problems? I have been a Cowboys fan since junior high (Eisenhower was President) and today they are playing at home against Tampa Bay, the same team the Panthers dispatched. Dallas is favored by 7, not much encouragement since the home team automatically gets a 3-point nudge.
    Drive safely on your way home from the stadium today. The life you save might be a Republican.

3. Phineas says:

My 49ers are looking like the Vikings, and the Vikings are looking like the 49ers right now. :((

4. Light29ID says:

After that officiating during the 49er/Viking game I’ll lay odds the lockout will over by Friday. That was beyond surreal.

I don’t worry ’bout the NFL ’cause those guys are supposed to play mistake free (like that ever really happens!), but my beloved Ducks moved up to # 2 in the college polls today.

Now I’m wondering if Coach Kelly is good enough to keep them from reading and believing all the hype – a sure way to get blasted, like USC did against Stanford last week.

Anyway, we’ve basically got a bye next week with Wash State on neutral ground, and the D for the Ducks looked really good.

Here’s quackin’ atcha for next week, ST.

6. H Hazell says:

Although I prefer to see the Eagles win, I find some small pleasure in seeing Michael Vick vigorously “dogged” by a good defense.

7. Steph says:

We watched SNF and still don’t get what the heck happened with that last kick. It didn’t look like a field goal to us but, heck, what do we know? Good game but the refs were just awful. I was really concerned early on that someone would get hurt badly. My heart went out Smith learning just hours earlier his younger brother was dead.