Portrait of a juvenile President of the United States

Posted by: ST on October 25, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Screen-cap via The Drudge Report:

No grown-ups in this White House.

The quote comes from a hard-hitting interview the President recently had with … Rolling Stone magazine. Politico writes:

President Obama sat for an interview with Rolling Stone for next month’s issue and Playbook has the first look at the story by Douglas Brinkley:

“We arrived at the Oval Office for our 45-minute interview … on the morning of October 11th. … As we left the Oval Office, executive editor Eric Bates told Obama that he had asked his six-year-old if there was anything she wanted him to say to the president. … [S]he said, ‘Tell him: You can do it.’ Obama grinned. … ‘You know, kids have good instincts,’ Obama offered. ‘They look at the other guy and say, “Well, that’s a bullsh—er, I can tell.”’”

You know what? I know a POTUS has to deal with a lot of stress and has to blow off steam, and sometimes cursing is a part of that, but – dang it – Presidents are role models for kids and language like this should be left behind closed doors.   It’d be one thing if this was an unintentional hot mic moment or if he were speaking out of frustration and in the heat of the moment cursed, but it’s not. He said this knowing it had the potential for being published, knowing that teenagers read this unabashedly left wing magazine.

And anyone who thinks I’m being fuddy dud about this, think about other things Presidents in modern history make sure they don’t do in public: smoke, get drunk, become overly affectionate with their spouses, be seen in revealing clothing, etc. There are things you just shouldn’t do in public when you’re in a position of great influence like the leader of the free world is and, frankly, you need to act like a bleeping adult and not some college frat dude.  Such a high office commands more dignity and respect this President sometimes takes for granted.

Related to this, I thought this tweet from my friend @sleepdoctorjoe was spot on:

God, I can’t wait til adults take over the White House again – whether it’s after next month’s election or in 2016.  This guy and his gooftastic second in command have got to go.

20 Responses to “Portrait of a juvenile President of the United States”

Comments

1. splat! says:

If adults don’t take over the White House with the 2012 election, there won’t BE a vote in 2016.

2. Kurt says:

Yes, this week alone, we’ve been treated to this fine example of maturity, his crack about horses and bayonets, and now, last night on Leno, he did his best imitation of Teen Talk Barbie when he said that he was “pretty lost” when it came to helping his daughter with her algebra homework. Yep, “math class is tough,” indeed.

3. banshee says:

Desperation City.

4. Kate says:

The reporters at RS were probably high anyway….and maybe he was too since he indulged in a little weed when he was in high school and college. That being the case, he threw around some coarse language in order to “fit in”…..yeah, Barry, you know BS when you see it. If he relates to kids at all, then that probably is the level he knows best.

5. WMP says:

I blogged earlier on another site – he’s a disgusting jock and that’s how he appears to always conduct himself. I just can’t believe people like him like they do. Reminds me of being at a high school football game a couple of weeks ago and the men up behind me couldn’t get through a sentence without using the “F” word – they were cool – at least they thought they were. Fortunately my 4 year old grandson was completely oblivious to the whole discussion. If you didn’t see this behaviour in the debates you weren’t paying attention.

6. Drew the Infidel says:

“I don’t give a sh*t!”–Richard M. Nixon, in one of the secret Watergate tapes

7. Muzjik says:

@Drew the Infidel – a private tape recording being, of course, the same as an interview with a national magazine.

8. TexasMom2012 says:

This is truly a desperate attempt to “look cool” to youthful voters, pathetic.

9. ALman says:

Let’s try this once more:

(Note from ST: ALman, it’s still not showing up correctly ;) )

10. Dave Turson says:

Obama is of the far left in word and spirit. The following passage from “Dreams From My Father” shows how he loves to pollute the land like an HBO late night special:

“This s***’s getting way too complicated for me. You ain’t my b***h, ni**er! Buy your own damn fries! You know that guy ain’t s***. Sorry-ass m**********r ain’t got nothin’ on me. There are white folks, and then there are ignorant m*********ers like you.”

He’s just keeping it real because behind the scenes he enjoys using ” real juicy” swearwords.

11. redgypsy says:

Well, any little shred of dignity I thought this pres exibited just got flushed down the toilet.

I’m SO depressed. And shocked, shocked I tell you! /sarc

12. @Muzjik–The point is he had sense enough to use that sort of language in private and not in the course of an interview with a national publication or in the presence of a child.

13. david christensen says:

Yep that civil discourse from Obama just goes on and on.

14. BBHunter says:

“NYT revenues down 11% for quarter”

“I think that really reflects that national newspaper revenue is much more exposed to secular pressures than the local retailer,” said Leo Culp, an analyst with Citi financiak group.”

– ‘Secular pressures’ translating to “those god-bothering, homophobic, xenophobic, bitter clinger t-bagger, bible thumping, gun loving, racist, misogynistic women h8ter, flyover country Visigoths won’t buy our newspapers, and we have absolutely no idea why.”

– Really its probably because they’re all a bunch of thin skinned, uneducated, toothless, cousin f*****g morons who can’t read anyway.

– Nothing else could possibly explain it.

15. Ralph Gizzip says:

@Drew – Then make your comment, “Nixon swore like a sailor in private but not in public.” Your initial comment makes you look more like Drew the Idiot rather than Drew the Infidel.

Just trying to help. :)>-

Yeah, I sleep wondrously at night knowing we’ve such an adult in the WH protecting all us little chilluns.

He’s such a stain on the office. It’ll take Mittens at least two years of hard work with Advanage just to begin to remove that stain, and I suspect it’ll never be completely gone.

17. Tex says:

And this coming from a guy who’s campaign so far to date has managed to avoid talking about his record the past four years and tells you he needs four more years to finish what he started 4 years ago but can’t tell you what he’ll do in those next four years if he gets a chance again.

Now where I come from that’s BULL**IT!

18. FR in SC says:

splat! couldn’t BE more right!