VIDEO: Gov. Bobby Jindal’s speech at the RNC winter meeting in Charlotte

Posted by: ST on January 25, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Governor Bobby Jindal joined a meeting of the Republican National Committee here in Charlotte this week as the party licks its wounds from the devastating election losses last year, and tries to look for a path forward.  Jindal’s speech was last night and has generated quite a buzz, and a LOT of 2016 speculation.  For your review and comment, his speech is below:

Here text of the speech. His emphasis on states rights is huge, and very important going forward in an age where everyone looks to DC to resolve problems rather than keeping it local.

As I said earlier on Twitter, if Jindal and Rubio are already laying the groundwork for a 2016 run, I’m excited at the possibilities. I don’t agree with them on everything, but it will be refreshing and exciting to have a new crop of candidates – younger ones at that – who have great potential to win over a whole new generation of voters while at the same time being able to appeal to the more “mature” and seasoned voters who are looking for a “political home”, or who have become disgruntled with the GOP for whatever reason.

We can come back from the big defeats of last year but it’s going to take hard work. It can be done. It must be done. Because giving up on America and her people is not an option.

12 Responses to “VIDEO: Gov. Bobby Jindal’s speech at the RNC winter meeting in Charlotte”

Comments

1. Sefton says:

Knowing the idiotic GOP establishment, I wouldn’t put it past them to push McCain or some other moderate weakling again.

We could and should end up with a Jindal/Rubio or Rubio/Jindal ticket in 2016, should Dear Leader not overthrow the government, as is his wont.

And I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Republican “leaders” now if that happens, starting with Precious Reince and going to such conservative luminaries as “Cry-Me-A-River” Boehner and Mitch “We-Can’t-Stop-Dingy-So-Let’s-Give-Him-Everything-Anyway” McConnell.

3. Drew the Infidel says:

Jindal’s approach to elections and party projection are exactly what the GOP needs to reverse their misfortunes from the past two presidential elections. As a “mature” voter I like what I see in this crew of youngsters coming up who are bright, aggressive, and motivated to lead and win; all the signs of “bench depth”, as they say in sports. The “AARP candidates” had their shot and blew it.

4. I expect the GOP establishment will push Jeb Bush, God help us. When us conservatives barf all over Bush, Meghan McCain and Colin Powell will lament how the GOP has been taken over by Right-wing radicals and Tea Party extremists.

Those “Right-wing radicals and Tea Party extremists” are actually politically pretty much mainstream, especially compared to 30 – 40 years ago; it is the political whores like Powell, McCain and Jeb who’ve slid into socialism lite, but also they are the ones who best fit the socialist ideology of the party’s “leaders” (who have themselves hijacked the party, not the conservative.)

But you’ll never hear that from the cheerleading section of the slobbering LSM…

6. LD Jackson says:

I, too liked what Bobby Jindal had to say. He makes a lot of sense, both political and common. As much as it may pain a lot of us, he is also mostly right with what he said. If the Republican Party expects to remain a viable option to the Democrat Party, they are going to have to make some changes.

Touching on what you said about a possible Jindal/Rubio or Rubio/Jindal ticket in 2016, I have already heard and seen rumblings that neither of them are eligible for President. I’m not saying I agree with that, but it is something we will have to contend with, if that comes about in four years.

The Constitution calls for natural-born citizens of this country for eligibility. The fact both were born of foreign parents is not a disqualifier, but would be had either been born in their PARENT’S country of origin, then brought here.

And, as a side note, there is great question as to whether either would be qualified had either set of parents entered the country illegally, but that’s an entirely different topic. As it is, both Jindal and Rubio are constitutionally qualified to run for the presidency and serve.

And, as a second note, it will be interesting to see if the LSM spends any time on the question, as opposed to letting the current occupier of the WH slide by without any parsing.

8. LD Jackson says:

It will be very interesting, indeed, if the media starts howling about Jindal or Rubio being ineligible for the White House. If they do, many of us will be raising our voices in protest.

The thing is, the questions I am seeing raised about both men are being asked on conservative websites. I really hope we do not cannibalize our own for no good reason.

The only “cannibalizing” that happens in our party is between those whose “run” or “lead” the party (a.k.a., “socialists”) and those who’ve not wandered so far from the principles as developed by the 1960s or 70s.

10. LD Jackson says:

I agree with you on that, but the conversation that is already taking place about Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio is disturbing to me. But, I get your point.

11. Lauren says:

Jackson, I know what you mean. I get so frustrated when I hear people saying, “Rubio’s a shill for amnesty so I’m never going to vote for him” and completely ignore his amazing oratorical talents, his other more conservative values, and the broad appeal he’s going to have. It’s like, guys, our candidate is NOT going to be perfect. Before Ronald Reagan ran for prez in 1980, he had raised taxes in California and also signed a bill allowing abortion (he thought it was only for rape and incest, of course, but it wasn’t). Point being, that didn’t make him less conservative, but with the crazy purists we have in the party, it may well have been enough for them to label him a RINO.

And I get doubly irritated with criticism of Jindal. They ramble on about how he should stop hammering the GOP so much, but I think what he’s doing is fine. I was disappointed with the shameless way he dumped all over Romney, but I know he was trying to save his political skin so I gave him a pass. And I can’t tell you how many people actually think Rick Perry and Scott Walker are viable national candidates. I don’t think they can pull it off – I think we are going to have to have a minority at the top of the ticket in order to win in 2016.

12. tingle says:

whether you elect ayn rand’s skeleton or john mccain romney or another half liberal the lefts campaign will paint him as an extremist who wants to burn kittens to fuel his zionist tanks to invade a random african country