Alec Baldwin needs to be taken to task …

Posted by: ST on March 27, 2006 at 8:24 pm

…. for his ‘Cheney is a terrorist’ comments, but this is not how I’d choose fellow conservatives to do it:

Hollywood liberal Alec Baldwin stormed out of an in-studio radio interview Sunday night after he was confronted on the phone by radio hosts Sean Hannity and Mark Levin.

Baldwin was 30 minutes into a planned two-hour-plus sitdown with WABC Radio’s Brian Whitman when Hannity called in.

The fireworks commenced almost immediately.

HANNITY: Alec, I wanted to give you an official WABC welcome considering you were supposed to come on my program last week and you didn’t show up. What happened?

BALDWIN: No, I wasn’t supposed to come on your program, Sean Hannity.

HANNITY: No, actually you were supposed to come on the program because a deal was made with your agent that if you were going to come on with Brian, first you’d come on with me.

BALDWIN: I wouldn’t dream of coming on your program, Sean Hannity. I’m here with Brian. I’m here with a really talented broadcaster.

HANNITY: [Crosstalk] that you are, you don’t tell the truth.

BALDWIN: Why would I want to come on the show with a no-talent, former construction worker hack like you?

HANNITY: Are you the guy that said of our vice president, while we’re at war, while we’re leading troops in harm’s way – are you the reckless, third-rate Hollywood actor who said that Dick Cheney is a terrorist? Are you the guy . . .

BALDWIN: Yes I am.

HANNITY: … who said to stone Henry Hyde to death? Are you the guy who said our president is a CIA mass murderer? I wanted you to come on the program and defend that, you gutless coward.

BALDWIN: At first I thought this was a joke. But you can hear all the acid venom spewing hatred. It is Sean Hannity. [END EXCERPT]

The exchange got even hotter when Mark Levin joined in.

LEVIN: We’ve only just begun – are you 40 or 50 pounds overweight now?

WHITMAN: Oh, C’mon now . . . .

HANNITY: Once and for all you need to be challenged. You want to call our vice president a terrorist – fine. You want to talk about stoning people to death, say it on my program. If you want to be irresponsible and call our president a mass murderer while he’s at war leading troops in harm’s way …

BALDWIN: And what are you gonna do about it, Sean Hannity?

HANNITY: You don’t have the courage to answer questions.

BALDWIN: And what are you gonna do? And what are you going to do about it, Sean Hannity. If I come on your program, what are you going to do?

LEVIN: He’s going to show that you have a two digit IQ – that’s what he’s gonna do.

BALWIN: What are you going to do?

LEVIN: I just told you – you’ve got a two digit IQ.

BALDWIN: And who’s that – who’s your little cabin boy there with you.

LEVIN: I’m not a cabin boy, butt-boy.

BALDWIN: What are you doing there, cabin boy? … I now dub you Sean Hannity’s cabin boy.

LEVIN: And you know what you are? You’re “Brokeback” Alec. [END EXCERPT]

There’s more – read the whole thing.

I know Baldwin is a jerk, and from what I’ve read it looks like he started the insulting but aren’t we supposed to be above this sort of thing when arguing with the opposition? I think so. This thing got out of control quickly and everybody ended up looking like adolescents sticking their tongues out at each other from across the table in the lunchroom before the food fight breaks out.

Expose the Left has an audio link here.

Hat tip: Jim at bRight and Early

• Leaning Straight Up trackbacked with Pot meet Kettle-Part Deux
  • Center for Sanity trackbacked with Stupidity of the Hollywood Elite
  • 17 Responses to “Alec Baldwin needs to be taken to task …”

Comments

1. Karl says:

I blogged this earlier today.

To me this is pot versus kettle….

2. Brad S says:

Welcome to a whole bottle of your own medicine, Alec. And ST, there are quite a few times in which getting down in the gutter and mucking it up with sewer rats like Alec Baldwin is a proper measure of character.

“I respectfully disagree with the gentleman on my left” doesn’t cut it with some media lefties.[-(

3. – Baldwins so damn desperate to revive his lost glory in Hollyweird, hes trying the cheap approach at bagging the hard left. Good luck with that. Watching an actor has been that can’t deal with his demise is always painful. Notice it was the questin concerning Kim that sent him around the bend. Big hot button obviously. Getting caught in the kie about his scheduled appearence with Hannity, yet another embarrassment.

– All in all hes been doing a slow but sure down hill roll for years, so nothing he says or does from this point on would be surprising. Real shame. He had it going on at one time. Now you see the clear difference between Alec and a guy like Clint Eastwood. Character always shines through.

– Bang **==

4. ArizonaTeach says:

No…as much as I’d like to see Alec Baldwin brought down a peg or three, Levin was totally out of line there.

5. Karl says:

Yea that was my thought too.

6. camojack says:

I think that lowering oneself to Alec Baldwin’s level is not going to accomplish much. :-?

7. Sloan says:

I heard the exerpts on Sean’s show today and thought Sean’s reciprocation of Baldwin’s name-calling was silly and childish. It’s not all that hard to stay above the gutter ad hominem tactics of guys like Baldwin…you simply stick to the facts.

Alec Baldwin is not a “third-rate has-been”…he’s been working steadily since the early ’80’s, he’s been in a number of feature films, and he has about seven projects in the works right now (check out his listing on imdb.com). Lots of successful actors go through periods where they don’t do much good work. He was great in Hunt for Red October. Granted, that was a long time ago, but I thought he was a better Jack Ryan than Harrison Ford, and he’s done some good work since then. He’s just a typical knee-jerk Hollywood liberal, and I really wish Sean had simply stuck to that line of attack instead of calling the guy names.

And just for the record, I agree completely with Sean’s assessment of Baldwin’s comments regarding our elected leaders; the guy is reckless, irresponsible, and blinded by his visceral hatred of the President. If a conservative actor had said similar things about a sitting President, the media would crucify him, and he’d be waiting tables in L.A. in no time. All the more reason for us to keep our guard up and take the high road. The libs get a pass on vitriolic crap like that. WE DON’T. I don’t like it any more than you do, but that’s the way it is.

8. CZ says:

Add me to the list.

Leave the IQ and fat humor for the despirate, rabid lefties.

I respect their strategy but question these ambush tactics.:-w

9. PCD says:

I’m going to take a different tack. I’ve worked in talk radio. Left or right, you depend on booked guests to show up, unless you are Rush Limbaugh.

Baldwin probably backed out of Hannity’s booking. Baldwin is the typical bully of the left. He can BULLdoze the rookie talk hosts but can’t handle any veteran, left or right, who wants to get answers out of Baldwin.

Now Sean was calling in to another host’s show. He and Levin should not have taken it over, but sticking it to Baldwin was fair game. If I were Sean, I’d have slipped the producer $100 to have a cut of Baldwin shouting “If Bush wins, I’m moving to France” queued up and play it for Baldwin.

To defeat Baldwin all you have to do is let Baldwin be Baldwin. He destroys himself without the help of others.

10. Jim M says:

If Sean had stayed on course with the questions he was hitting Alec with it would have been good and it should have been just Sean. Levin was the one that started with calling into question Alec’s IQ and from there it went down hill. As we know when liberals are losing an argument as they always do they will resort to name calling or demagoging the issue. It can be hard to debate someone that is illogical and uses feelings instead of fact but we as conservatives need to stay above the school yard name calling and refraining from name calling is sometimes hard not to do.
      :-?

11. Brad S says:

Look, I told you earlier: There is no real need for most of us conservatives to stay “above the fray.” Too many on the left do not respect “above the fray” in any noticeable way.

Put in another light, why do you think Ann Coulter still gets the TV and college bookings she gets, despite usage of such words as “raghead?” and despite getting kicked off every newspaper that has at least some semblance of a subscriber base? Push back works.

12. sanity says:

I do not agree with how Hannity and Levin acted.

They do nothing to further discourse by getting down on the level of this twit.

I cannot stand Baldwin, he is an arrogant prick, he is also a has-been, and will do and say whatever he can to revive a lack-luster acting career. His acting is abysmal and just to look at him makes me want to turn the channel.

That being said, getting down in the dirt for a couple of rounds of verbal fisticuffs is no way to make a point, in which I thought would be the purpose of Hannity and Levin, to try and expose Baldwin for the hypocrite and liar that he is. Instead it turned into a tinkling contest (word effect softened (no pun intended) for ST’s ears ;) ).

13. Ike says:

Never argue with an idiot. He’ll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

14. Sisyphus says:

“I know Baldwin is a jerk, and from what I’ve read it looks like he started the insulting but aren’t we supposed to be above this sort of thing when arguing with the opposition?”

I take it, then, that you’ve never listened to Hannity before.

15. “I take it, then, that you’ve never listened to Hannity before. ”

Yes, in fact I have, Rick.