Posted by: ST on December 27, 2006 at 6:24 pm

Just when you thought you’d heard it all from the pro-illegal immigration crowd. Via Reuters:

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) – U.S. Hispanic groups and activists on Thursday called for a moratorium on workplace raids to round up illegal immigrants, saying they were reminiscent of Nazi crackdowns on Jews in the 1930s.

They accused the Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement of “racial profiling,” or selective enforcement against Hispanics, for arresting 1,300 workers on immigration violations in December 12 raids at meatpacking plants in six states.

“We are demanding an end to these immigration raids, where they are targeting brown faces. That is major, major racial profiling, and that cannot be tolerated,” said Rosa Rosales, president of the League of United Latin American Citizens, at a news conference.

“This unfortunately reminds me of when Hitler began rounding up the Jews for no reason and locking them up,” Democratic Party activist Carla Vela said. “Now they’re coming for the Latinos, who will they come for next?”

Um, here’s a clue for Vela and other clueless wonders as to what actually happened during the Holocaust, and it didn’t have anything to do with rounding up illegal immigrants and deporting them back to their home country and everything to do with rounding up, torturing, and killing groups of people that Hitler didn’t like. I’d say there’s a big difference between rounding up and deporting people who are here illegally versus rounding up, torturing, and killing groups of people that you don’t like – but that’s just me.

Hat tip: SoCalPundit

10 Responses to “Dem party activist compares cracking down on illegal immigration to the Holocaust”

Comments

If I have 1 complaint with the Dem party, =)) As if I only have one complaint =)) it would be the way they minimize the tragic events in human history to make themselves look better. Sister says it all, so I won’t repeat, but seriously Dems…Clue, go out and buy one if you must, but get at least one. – Lorica

2. Reminds me of the fine folks at PETA who went on to equate the Nazis and Holocaust deaths to the ‘crimes’ of KFC.

That of course, was before PETA was busted for euthanizing thousands of animals and leaving them in dumpsters. They collected the animals from shelters, after promising to place them.

3. Dana says:

It’s a typical ploy to compare anything people don’t like to either Hitler or the Holocaust — a ploy which exposes the intelligence of the people taking such comparisons as being not very high.

The various Nazi Jewish laws gradually stripped the Jews of German citizenship, but the fact is that the Jews in Germany were not immigrants; they had lived there for generations. Illegal immigrants in the US are just that: people who were not born here and did not live here, coming into the country illegally. While I’d guess that I’m in the minority here, in that I think we have illegal immigration because we want illegal immigration, if someone is here illegally, he ought to face the consequences of his crime.

4. Steve Skubinna says:

To a lefty, anybody on the other side of any argument is a Nazi. Somebody once defined a Nazi as a person who was winning an argument with a leftist. I’d define it as a person having, or who had, or who is likely to have one.

No Dana, I agree with you, we do have illegal immigration because we want it. Let me tell you a little story about the Swift plant that is closest to me. About 10 years ago this plant, then owned by IBP, anonymously called the INS and turned in their own illegal work force. INS showed up arrested about 100 workers who were here illegally, and with that went any financial obligation that IBP had to those workers. Now surprisingly this same plant, under new management, is in the same situation with illegal workers. So yeah I agree with you, as long as the “WE” is labor intense business. – Lorica

6. Glenn M. Cassel,AMH1(AW), USN, RET says:

I had 57 relatives that I know of, perish in the holocaust. So when the Pro Illegal groups use the holocaust pretext to protect ILLEGAL ALIENS, I have to wonder. My relatives were mostly German citzens with a few in Poland and the Low Countries. Most of those who are shouting Nazi may not know their history very well.
    I am against Illegal immigration because I am a citizen of this country and I believe in the rule of law. Does that make me a Nazi in the eyes of these people? HMMMMMMMMM?

7. JAH says:

First to Glenn — My sincerest condolences on the tragic loss to your family. I cannot fathom the loss of so many family members in such a short time (only about 5 years at the most more than likely) and in such an horrific manner. No one family derserves that much pain.

Second — Here lies the trouble with the lack of historical knowledge by many in this country. Those who have no knowledge of the magnitude of what Hitler did along with Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. make it is easy for someone to compare thier political enemies with those inhuman monsters and never get called on it. To use these acts to advance a political agenda is beneath contempt!

8. benning says:

Rosales is using a typical Leftist approach: equating disparate happenings with each other when there is nothing similar about them. The Big Lie. And the MSM is eager to leap aboard.

9. clifto says:

Liberals can’t understand any but the simplest analogies, and at that only those which have been explained to them. You might express an idea to a liberal with “too many cooks spoil the broth”, because mommy once explained it; but say something like “getting up for work is like moving a mountain” and the liberal will scratch his head, wondering what mountains have to do with work. Thus crafty liberal honchos can make an analogy like “immigration law enforcement is like killing a million Jews” and get away with it; the target audience (liberals) will hear only that the USA plans to kill a million illegal immigrants.