Prepare for the media/Dem swarm: New Gitmo ‘abuse’ allegations surface

Posted by: ST on January 3, 2007 at 12:22 pm

CNN has the details. Read more via the WaPo.

5 Responses to “Prepare for the media/Dem swarm: New Gitmo ‘abuse’ allegations surface”

Comments

1. Severian says:

Your comment has been moved to here, Sev :) –ST

2. Severian says:

Oops, how’d this happen, I thought I posted this under the Cindy Sheehan leads nutroots in protesting and drowning out the new Dem Congress!

No prob, Sev ;) I’ll move your comment to that thread. –ST

3. Tom says:

Should we not care that members of our military (and their mercenaries) abused prisoners at gitmo? If I remember correctly, the vast majority of the released prosoners were accepted back into their home countries and considered not to be terrorists. Allies of ours (Germany, Saudi Arabia, etc) did not consider them to be a danger. Among the 18,000 to 20,000 persons in custody, I am not aware of those who were brought up on charges. I don’t mean padilla and the chicago group. I guess what I am asking is whether it is ok to torture and abuse (most likely) innocent persons. I believe Jesus would not want you to abuse another human being – especially possible innocent ones. I’m not very religous so it doesn’t really matter to me, but some of you are quite proud of your religous beliefs (and you should be). That being said, it appears there are times when some seem to ‘pick and choose’ which religous philosophy they want to obey. Thou shall not kill. Folks those words are pretty clear, aren’t they? There is no confusion as to what God meant. So I ask: Is it ok for some to avoid the major rules set down by God?

4. Severian says:

Well, they better be glad that they don’t have me running Gitmo. After the hoopla and hair pulling over the alleged Koran abuses at Gitmo, I was reminded of when Vlad the Impaler, Prince of Romania, received a Turkish delegation. He asked them why they kept their heads covered in his presence, and they replied that they do not go bareheaded in the presence of unbelievers. So he had their turbans nailed to their heads so that they would never have to suffer the indignity of being bareheaded again. I’d have nailed the Korans to the hands of the complainers, that would have prevented their precious holy book from being defiled by infidels.

What a crock, I’ve been in university hazings that were worse than this. 8-|

Tom seriously, nice attempt at a guilt trip. I love how you “not so religious” types, love to use Jesus as a club against us who do have a faith in something.

2nd I don’t think you understand the definition of kill. You see if you are torturing someone for information, the last thing you want them to do is die. Kinda hard to get info from a dead guy. Sadamn not withstanding.

3rdly do alittle research. Everyone of those guys were pulled off a field of battle. Here is a link from WaPo talking about “gasp” hearings for Prisoners of War. This article is from July of 2004.
    LINK Hearings

Here is an article on what these people should be defined as. Remember they were taken captive in battles against our troops.
    LINK the true definition

Here is an article about “detainees” being re-captured after they were released from Gitmo. I have to wonder, if these guys have been caught TWICE in arms against our military, how innocent could they be.
    LINK Hmmmm is it possible they are not so innocent??

Lastly here is an article about “Detainees” wanting to stay at Gitmo. OMG we must of tortured them so much that they now have S&M complex. Ohhh the horror of what we must of done to these poor people.
    LINK S & M Complex???

Seriously Tom, These are Prisoners of War, if you people would of been around during World War 2 we would of had several divisions of Italian and German soldiers running around this country free to do whatever Hitler desired. I hate the fact that you people consider the American soldier to be more horrible than the monsters we took prisoners. It is people like you that only encourage our enemies, and it is people like you who I will blame if we lose this war. This garbage thinking worked for the fools who ran the country during the Vietnam war, but it ain’t workin’ now.

Ohhh Hey and nice links to back up the garbage that is your post.

I have to wonder if God said lay down your life for fellow man he meant for you to waste it by not defending yourself against horrible murderous thugs like some of these guys in Gitmo. Ohhh yes I do realize and so does the US Military that some of these guys were impressed into service against our invasions. But apparently you don’t – Lorica