Pelosi and the arm flex

Posted by: ST on January 5, 2007 at 11:19 am

Time for another round of “caption this.”

I know it’s difficult to look at, but:

Actual caption: U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca) reacts as she is introduced by House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) and takes the House podium for the first time after she was elected the first ever female Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives on the first day of the 110th Congress in Washington January 4, 2007. REUTERS/Jim Young (UNITED STATES)

BTW, here’s another arm flex pic from a different event.

I don’t really find arm flexing in a show of power by any politician, especially those in leadership positions, as being appropriate and dignified. Same same with respect to claiming you’re the most “powerful woman [or man] in America.” They know they are in positions of power, but bragging about it in my view is not a symbol of the maturity and class we demand from all of them. Imagine Tom DeLay or Denny Hastert doing or saying something like that. The howls of outrage would be heard nonstop day and night.

It’d be different, I guess, if I felt like that arm flex signified a hope from Pelosi for more ‘power to the American citizen’ that she is supposedly representing or something like that, but her actions so far (and not just during this Congress) indicate that that’s not what it represents. It represents ‘power to Pelosi’ and other Democrats, who’ve already repeatedly demonstrated that they will not practice what they preach.

This is what we get thanks to Republicans who pretty much did the same thing, especially in the last six years. We can only hope that a couple of things happen over the next two years: 1) that they’ll have learned from their mistakes and slowly make inroads into regaining majority status after inspiring confidence from the base and regaining the trust of the American people, and 2) the American people pay attention to what absolute jokes people in positions of leadership in Congress (like Pelosi, Rangel, Conyers, and Reid) really are.

Speaking of big jokes, check out this long list of ‘em.

Update: Bryan at Hot Air has the details and video of Barney Frank’s accusing GWB of genocide regarding how he and the administration responded to the threat from Hurricane Katrina. (hat tip: Michelle Malkin)

Expect much more of that moonbatty-type talk from the likes of Franks and other far lefties in Congress over at least the next two years as the lunatics are now officially running the asylum.

• UNCoRRELATED trackbacked with Mission Accomplished
  • 25 Responses to “Pelosi and the arm flex”

Comments

1. PCD says:

Nancy Pelosi: “Anyone have some Right Guard?”

Nancy Pelosi looks for her hammer and sickle. – Lorica

3. SP says:

Peolsi’s ‘Fighting Firsts’ get Cardinals and First Nations gets an Anglican, gee, why did they cut my cap benefits? You have to have those or the root canal falls out! %%-^:)^o:-)

4. Drewsmom says:

Nancy Pelosi, gag me with a spoon. !!!! :d

5. Mission Accomplished, but without anything actually accomplished.

6. david foster says:

A complete lack of class. Can you imagine John Kennedy pumping his fist and bragging about being the most powerful Catholic in America? Colin Powell boasting about his superior rank among African Americans? Margaret Thatcher ranting about her powerful position among Brits?

In fact, I doubt that she is “the most powerful woman” in any meaningful sense. Governors and judges have more real and direct power by some criteria.

7. Severian says:

That’s exactly the kind of action I’d expect Hugo Chavez or Castro to do…but then, she is a Democrat.

8. Kathy says:

Caption:
      “I can’t put my arm down, my face will fall!”

(Last time she put her arm down, her chin collapsed three democrat platforms.)

I expect that plastic surgeons are unhappy with Perilosi’s face all over the media. Nothing like bad work to turn customers away. It’s worse than food poisoning on a cruise ship.

9. G Monster says:

I’m so dieing so bad to throw in my 2 cents in that it hurts. I made a new years resolution to be super nice. How long are we supposed to keep our New Years Resolutions?

10. G Monster says:

Redo:
      I’m dieing so bad to throw my 2 cents in that it hurts. I made a new year’s resolution to be super nice. How long are we supposed to keep our new yearss resolutions?

11. sanity says:

C’mon trucker honk your horn!!!

GIT R DONE!!!

12. stackja says:

Madame Defarge?

13. G Monster says:

I’m a little teapot
      Short and stout
      Here is my handle
      Here is my spout

When I get all steamed up
      Hear me shout
      “Tip me over
      and pour me out!”

14. G Monster says:

Darn, So much for my resolution.

15. NC Cop says:

“I pity da fool dat tries to oppose me, I pity him!!!!”

16. “Ah-ha. I am the most powerful woman in America! Hillary’s not woman enough to be as powerful as I am.”
      You know that begs the question… If Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi got into a fight, who would win?

17. arcman46 says:

All I can say is what a moron.

18. Poet says:

The House’s First Mom asks, “Who’s your Daddy, NOW?”

19. CavalierX says:

>If Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi got into a
      >fight, who would win?

America.

LOL Cav!!!=))

How about this:

I beat my Grand Daughter at Hungry Hungry Hippos!!!! – Lorica

21. J Rob says:

Caption:
      I’m strong to the finish
      ‘Cause I eats me spinache…

22. Severian says:

Caption:
      I’m strong to the finish
      ‘Cause I eats me spinache…

Toot! Toot!=))

There have been some great “captions” for this photo here! ^:)^

The first thing that came to my mind was the thing in the old Arsenio Hall Show (talk about where are they now?) where they’d hold up their fists, move them in a circle, and shout “woo woo woo.”

Yeah as if she were re-living the Dems greatest hits and Bill was on the sax. :D – Lorica