Hillary running as the ‘new Thatcher’?

Posted by: ST on January 22, 2007 at 10:05 am

She wishes!

Hat tip: Greg Tinti

6 Responses to “Hillary running as the ‘new Thatcher’?”

Comments

1. Marshall Art says:

” “She has the name recognition, the money, the glitz, she’s got it all” McAuliffe said.”

Yeah. I’m voting for “glitz”. What an idiot! But it is typical of the left to highlight superficial nonsense as qualifications. Then again, the voters on the left need only that to make their decisions. Obama gets support for his “charm and charisma” and Clinton for being a woman with “glitz”. How about having good ideas that can make the nation better or protect us? I need a little more than McAuliffe’s word that she’s tough, and unless I hear that she’s looking for victory in Iraq and the WOT, I ain’t buying.

Just a side note: She’d need to jump parties and further conservative ideals before I’d buy anything from her. I don’t see that happening any time soon.

LOL “glitz” Terry McAwful is such a sheep. Anything for Bill right Terry?? I bet Terry, on orders from Bill, would fullfil Bill’s husbandly duties if told to do so. =)) I just don’t know how anyone can take this guy seriously. Good Lord He lost his job to the screamer. How bad is that? – Lorica

3. Greg Tinti says:

Let’s face it: if Hillary was America’s Thatcher, we’d know it and Terry McAuliffe wouldn’t have to go around trying to convince people that she is.

It’s clear that the Hillary camp thinks she has a real problem on the “tough” issue. I disagree–I think she’s got a pair of brass ones–her problem is that she’s not sincere and I think most people in this country understand that while she leans to the left, she has no core principles. Except winning, of course, but I don’t know if one can really consider that a “core principle.”

4. Baklava says:

Greg,

Don’t be misled (respectfully). She has core principles and has a Senate voting record now to prove it.

Her line about having a conversation with the American people is a one way conversation with the dominant legacy drive-by media doing the convincing of the American people for her ideas. Social Security reform that give more Americans more options and more money? No says the press. The press convinced everyone that it is dismantling Social Security even though that isn’t true. Social Security reform Hillary’s way which is removing a cap for the rich’s contribution and inserting at the other end a means testing which says if you are rich you don’t NEED what you’ve put in. Gives NO incentive to people to behave in financially responsible ways. That’s the democrat way. No personal responsibility.

5. sanity says:

Hillary’s problem is that she has the tough, almost COLD down pat and many see that. She doesn’t have that natural warmth Obama has….

And if you dont think Obama is someone to worry about, you may want to think again.

I am sure Hillary is sharpening her knives for this one….

6. Baklava says:

Hillary Care coming?

Last paragraph is as important as the entire article:

A recent NCPA study concluded that this spending could be reformed by giving the states block Medicaid spending grants based on the state’s poverty rate. Currently, 8% of the nation’s poor population lives in New York, but the state gets 12.9% of all federal Medicaid dollars. Texas has 10.3% of the nation’s poor, but receives only 6%.