Hold on to your wallets

Posted by: ST on July 8, 2007 at 9:18 pm

Mike Allen reports that Dem presidential hopeful John Edwards, trailing badly in the campaign money race, is getting ready to head out on a ‘poverty tour’:

Can JRE pull off a JFK, or an RFK (asks Politico chief political writer Mike Allen, who is sharing guestblogging duties while Ben is on vacation)? John Edwards plans to announce Monday that he’ll take a break from fund-raising and campaigning in early-voting states next week for a three-day, eight-state, 12-city “Road to One America” tour aimed at calling attention to poverty in the deep South, the Mississippi Delta, Appalachia and the Rust Belt. The campaign points out that none of the states he’ll visit has an early 2008 primary, and says Edwards won’t be doing rallies.

Riiight. This poverty tour has ‘nothing’ to do with fund-raising and campaigning. Just like that poverty center Edwards formed was all about helping ‘poor people in need.’

And I’m Queen Elizabeth.

I want YOU to believe I really care.

• Right Wing News trackbacked with Week-End Links
  • 6 Responses to “Hold on to your wallets”

Comments

1. daveinboca says:

When you say “Queen Elizabeth,” you mean Mr. Elizabeth Edwards’ wife, n’est-ce pas? The one who “hates” her down-home neighbor with a Giuliani sign in his front yard!

I filed four comments on JRE on the Democratic side of Politico & all were deemed inappropriate, although none used foul or even vulgar language.

Isn’t Mr. Elizabeth the fellow who wouldn’t debate on FoxNEWS after appearing on the netwook over thirty times? Sniff-test says [s]he’s a loser!

2. Tom TB says:

So the ambulance-chasing lawyer becomes a poverty-pimp! What did he do during his six years in the Senate? Plan his presidential run I suppose.

3. David L says:

I in opinion, it should not Queen Elizabeth Edwads, but merely Lying Lizzy.

4. G Monster says:

John Edwards is out there on a poverty tour? From the previous SisterToldjah posting, I noticed he was the main beneficiary of his poverty fundraising. I don’t like to use the word criminal, but isn’t there a law against this? I’m not a lawyer, so I’ll ask the other ST posters if there is anything illegal in what he is doing.

5. Radish says:

I hate how that man uses people to advance his career and then doesn’t give them a dime of his millions. He’s like a Dickens villain sprung to life…except Scrooge changed.