Bush the “lame duck” President scores another big victory against the truly lame Democratic Congress, in spite of the frosty relationship that exists between him and Democrat “leaders” in the House and Senate. Way to go, Mr. Prez
Stand by for the Nutroots‘ apoplexy to commence.
Meanwhile, since the mediots are running out of reasons to write negative news stories about the Iraq war, they’ve taken to a new spin. Check out the following headlines:
Predictability, thy name is “MSM” …
Update 1: Check out what Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA) had to say about our troops today during the debate over the war funding bill (h/t: Captain Ed):
“Sure, there’s less violence, but that’s because we’ve ethnically cleansed most of Baghdad.”
Here’s the video.
Disgusting. But I’m sure he’d claim in a heartbeat that he “supports the troops.” Jerk.
A few other instances of Democrats “supporting the troops”:
- 3/19/04: Senator Ted Kennedy publicly states his belief that Saddam’s torture chambers have opened under “new management – US management.”
- 6/9/05: Rep. Charlie Rangel morally equates the Iraq war to the Holocaust
- 6/15/05: Senator Dick Durbin says our troops in Gitmo are no better than the Nazis, the Pol Pot regime, and the Soviet gulags
- 12/5/05: Senator John Kerry accuses the troops of “terrorizing” women and children in Iraq
- 5/31/06: Rep. Murtha claims it’s the “policy” of US troops to deliberately torture and kill civilians
Update 2: Van Helsing blogs about how the media has been responding to the surge’s success … with phoney negative stories.