Thurs/Fri open thread

Posted by: ST on April 3, 2008 at 7:18 pm

It’s been a long week, and I’m wiped out tonight. I’ll catch ya’ll in the a.m.

For your viewing pleasure, check out this interview with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, where he absurdly claims that no one is forced to pay income taxes and that they are, in reality, “voluntary”:

I think the “D” in (D-NV) stands for “Delusional.”

Thanks to ST reader GWR for sending the link :))

Fri AM Update: I’m swamped again today, ya’ll – will catch up tonight. TGIF!

11 Responses to “Thurs/Fri open thread”

Comments

1. Mwalimu Daudi says:

UCC calls for nationwide race discussion.

Spiffy. Another national monologue on race relations in which hate-filled bigots like Rev. John Thomas (UCC), Rev. Michael Kinnamon (NCC), and Rev. Otis Moss III (Obama’s “church”) hector us about how evil we are if we don’t agree with Rev. Wright chapter and verse. Such is the nature of a “national dialogue” on race relations – if you are a liberal.

Include me out.

2. Marshall Art says:

Wow! People actually voted for this guy! The “D” stands for “dumbass”. If a threat of fine or imprisonment isn’t force, it’s no wonder he thinks the war is lost. His perception of reality is akin to fevered hallucination.

But I can help him out. If one wants to make the case that our system of taxation is voluntary, one needs to look to our representative form of government. We elected the people who craft the legislation that results in taxation. We can then elect only those that will work to eliminate taxation. Of course the nation will go to hell in a handbag, but that’s the only way that it could be viewed as voluntary. The idiot.

3. Marshall Art says:

Another Wow! Mwalimu’s contribution is especially troubling for me. I don’t know what discussion should be necessary. There should be nothing more than, “Discrimination based on race is sinful.” What more need be said?

On the personal side, I Chair our Board of Elders and am Prez of the Church Council. At this month’s Board meeting, I plan on calling for a discussion on our congregation leaving the UCC. I’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time. In fact since before I was on the Board. I think this will lead to me leaving the congregation should my efforts fail to garner support.

4. camojack says:

I think the “D” in (D-NV) stands for “Delusional.”

I don’t think it’s limited to NV… :-w

5. Severian says:

Yet another shining example of the doublethink and Newspeak of the modern Democrat party.

Democrat = INGSOC

6. Tango says:

There’s a lot of us hoping that the eventual Dem nominee (Hillary or Obama) chooses Pinky Reid as their veep running mate. :d

7. Tom TB says:

Senator Reid comes across as a mobster who shows up all nice and smiley-friendly, and says “you got a nice thing going here with your business and family and all; would be a shame if something were to happen to it, you catch my drift? For a small fee, me and the guys will look out for you, it’s all voluntary, but if I were you…”

8. G- Monster says:

So, if anyone doesn’t want to pay thier taxes, just tell the IRS that Harry Reid said you don’t have to as taxes are voluntary.

I think I could show that video to 100 cpa’s and they would all disagree with Harry Reid. In fact, I really don’t know a sane person who would agree with Harry Reid on this.

9. NC Cop says:

Well, speaking of weak and spineless democrats, here’s another interesting story:

New NIE Report Shows Iraq Security Has Improved Since August Assessment

WASHINGTON — A new classified intelligence assessment on Iraq says there has been significant progress in security since the last assessment was delivered in August, a senior military official said.

Now, all of the “But there’s been no progress on the political front!!!” stuff aside, this is good news. Improved security in Iraq is GOOD news, period.

However, not everyone saw it that way. Who didn’t think it was good news? The usual suspects:

“The stuff that was positive, they emphasized. The negative, they stated, but deemphasized,” said Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.). Biden chairs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which was briefed on the intelligence estimate early this week.

“I was discouraged” by the assessment, Biden said. “I was discouraged by the last one, too.”

Sure you’re discouraged Joe, good news in Iraq is bad news for the dems so keep on rooting for failure, buddy!!!

Not to be outdone, our pal Carl had this to say:

“In my judgment it’s too rosy, but there are parts of it that are not so rosy and both pieces need to be declassified,” Sen. Carl Levin told CNN, pointing in particular to the portion of the report describing Iraq’s political progress…

Too rosy? Why because it speaks of POSITIVE gains in Iraq. You’re certainly more than willing to hold these reports high over your head and scream when they portray the negatives about Iraq.

How clowns like these keep getting elected is beyond me.

10. forest hunter says:

Damn near amazing how Senator Nimreid begins comparing our country to others, as though that somehow has something to do with the cold facts of taxes in America.

I wonder if Wesley Snipes was having mushroom tea with that flaming moron in the not so distant past.