Afternoon food for thought

Posted by: ST on July 24, 2008 at 2:14 pm

The WaPo’s Chris Cillizza has an analysis up of a recent WaPo/Quinnipiac poll and finds that McCain has made “significant gains” in 4 key battleground states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Of course anything can happen between now and November, but it’s somewhat of a minor miracle that McCain has been able to  make gains when Obama is outspending, outfundraising him and continues to enjoy the enthusiastic support of the MSM.

Could there be a light at the end of this tunnel?

5 Responses to “Afternoon food for thought”

Comments

I would like to say something to this, but this all Barak all the time crud has made me want to throw up. :-& Which is probably the reason McCain has risen in the polls. – Lorica

2. yo says:

I think it’s astounding that mac is making gains given the cheering section bo has in the media.^:)^

3. Great White Rat says:

Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Notice…three of the four states went to Kerry in 2004. If McCain really does make significant headway in those states, Obama’s handlers will be forced to play defense – instead of a more serious effort to take, say, North Carolina from the GOP, they’ll need to commit resources to keep Michigan in line. Any way you slice it, that’s good news for the country.

4. Chris in NC says:

It could be that light ST. No doubt. I guess I’ll toot my horn a bit, but back in January, I looked over the landscape and I didn’t see a Bush owned state that Obama can take. Maybe Iowa, but that’s it. If McCain puts on a good showing starting in September, I think he wins.

LINK

5. Leslie says:

When the clock reaches 0:00 on that November evening, and Wolf Blitzer announces who the president elect is, I very much suppose that Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin will be in Obama’s hands, and Colorado in McCain’s.

What would an election cycle be like without breathless mediots declaring Minnesota and Wisconsin are “in play”; they never are.

8-|