Anti-Obama rant of the day

Posted by: ST on October 13, 2008 at 10:03 am

Mark Levin expresses what many conservatives are feeling this morning, 3 and a half weeks before election day:

I’ve been out of pocket since Thursday, but turned on the Sunday shows and nearly hurled. John Lewis plays the race card like no one else. The idea that he would use George Wallace’s name to describe the McCain/Palin campaigning is sickening. John Lewis is not to be criticized given the abuse against him during the civil-right marches, but John McCain can be compared to Wallace despite his heroic service to this country and torture as a POW.

Barack Obama’s campaign has managed to paint Geraldine Ferraro, Bill Clinton, John McCain, and Sarah Palin as racists. Meanwhile, how dare anyone suggest that Obama’s voluntary association with a racist pastor for 20 years, and his lame defense of the association, raises character questions.

Will the lib media be upset if we quote Aristotle, whose insight seems useful in this context?

“Those, then, are friends to whom the same things are good and evil; and those who are, moreover, friendly or unfriendly to the same people; for in that case they must have the same wishes, and thus by wishing for each other what they wish for themselves, they show themselves each other’s friends.”
We choose our own friends and associates. And this is significant in Obama’s case in particular as we are trying to get a sense of who he is and what informs him. Obama is asking the nation to honor him with its highest office. Yet, during most of his adulthood, he has befriended some of the worst kind of people — many of whom detest the nation Obama seeks to lead. And when combined with Obama’s own extremism on issue after issue (is there a left-wing position he does not embrace?), there can be no doubt that an Obama administration working with a Democrat majority in Congress will fundamentally alter the nation’s character is was that will be very difficult to unravel.

Make sure to read the whole thing.

Read related thoughts via Michael Barone.

• Public Secrets trackbacked with Sundry links...
  • 8 Responses to “Anti-Obama rant of the day”

Comments

1. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Speaking of pro-Obama rants:

Christopher Hitchens Endorses Obama for President

Hitchens has spoken out against Islamofascism. But he is also a notorious Christophobe (as evidenced by his attacks on Palin), and the latter appears to be a far stronger instinct than the former. How else to explain this lame rationalization?

I used to call myself a single-issue voter on the essential question of defending civilization against its terrorist enemies and their totalitarian protectors, and on that “issue” I hope I can continue to expose and oppose any ambiguity. Obama is greatly overrated in my opinion, but the Obama-Biden ticket is not a capitulationist one, even if it does accept the support of the surrender faction, and it does show some signs of being able and willing to profit from experience.

Profit from experience? Can he cite one example? Just one? The Messiah still cannot accept the fact that we are winning in Iraq, and plans to pull ot regardless of the consequences. This is wishful thinking at its worst – the sort Hitchens used to denounce.

I suspect that what Hitchens has done is to see that the Messiah is on His way to a massive landslide victory and has decided to make a separate peace with the Obamanation. “It’s not really capitulation and appeasement if Obama does it” will be the rationalization. And Obama fascist tendencies towards His enemies (especially conservative Christians) does have its appeal to Hitchens.

And – let’s be honest here – Hitchens is no dummy. He knows the Messiah plans a massive crackdown on free speech and civil liberties, and he does not want to be a target. Thus the flip-flop.

Expect a lot more of this in the dark days ahead.

2. That’s the most bizarre news I’ve heard all day. After all the hammering he’s done to the left over the last several years he’s now supporting them!? There are normally sane people in this country I have respected over the years who I think are losing their danged minds. o=>

3. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Not to drag this thread even more off topic, but a small incident illustrates why my thoughts have been so dark lately.

While going to pick up my wife about an hour and a half ago, I passed a yard with an OBAMA-BIDEN sign in it. What caught my eye was a hand-written attachment above it that said: IF YOU TOUCH THIS SIGN I WILL KILL YOU.

I thought about snapping a picture of it, as it perfectly illustrates the murderous hate that drives the Messiah’s followers. However, when I returned later after collecting my wife the hand-written part was gone. Either cooler heads prevailed, or else the writer realized that he had to wait until after the elections before starting his one-man extermination campaign (I know something about this guy who owns the house, and I think he is quite capable of carrying out his threat). Maybe someone else saw it and got a photo. If so I will let you know.

These are the pleasant, tolerant folks that Hitchens has thrown in with.

4. Jeanie says:

The fear of being labeled racist…among other things. Perhaps the thug tactics are making their rounds now. Obama quoted FDR, by saying we have nothing to fear, but fear itself. Perhaps Obama is the fear.

I find it strange. I tried to post the link and an excerpt in a rubuttal post on a Townhall story, and it was removed. It was about Obama’s familial associations to Odinga. Perhaps I violated a rule, but the links, and such were flying right, and left.

I also find it strange, that if you google information, pertaining to politics….they always seem to come up with pages, and pages of anti McCain, or republican pages, and tons of info proving the Republicans are responsible for EVERYTHING wrong.

Now the DOW suddenly ends the day up, over 900 points. I really smell a rat, and I really feel our days of posting our opinions is coming to an end. I’m so sad. This is not what I wanted for my children.

5. NC Cop says:

The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism.

– Karl Marx

Eerie, no?

6. NC Cop says:

Isn’t it sad that Iran seems to get it, but Obama doesn’t???

Even though Senator Obama has said he would meet with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and other dictators within a year of taking office, there is no reason to think those meetings will go ahead.

Why? Because Ahmadinejad doesn’t want to do it.

The vice president for Iranian media affairs says Iran has preconditions of its own. He tells the Islamic Republic News Agency Americans are in dire need of re-establishing ties with the Iranian people and that Iran will only hold talks if “the U.S. moves out of the Middle East and the U.S. government gives up its widespread support for the Zionist regime.

Don’t worry Iran, I’m sure Obama will only be too happy to oblige you.

7. I can see we read the same things Sister, as I saw the Levin post too and thought it great.

I’m no fan of the policies of Geraldine Ferraro or either Clinton, but they’re not racists, for heavens sake. For Obama and his surrogates to say that they were is insane.

And I also saw the Hitchens piece. Sigh. Hitch is all over the place and is not to be trusted.