Joe Biden: Undecideds are trying to fight their inner racist

Posted by: ST on October 19, 2008 at 7:51 pm

How many times now does this make it that that the OBiden campaign has played the race card?

ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe Reports: As Election Day looms just over two weeks away, Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., said Saturday that with Republicans firing “vicious” and “dangerous” attacks at Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., voters are “having a difficult time” opting for the man who would become the nation’s first African American president.

“Undecided people are having a difficult time just culturally making the change, making the move for the first African American president in the history of the United States of America,” the Democratic vice-presidential nominee said at a San Francisco fundraiser Saturday evening. “So we need to respond. We need to respond at the moment, immediately, not wait, not hang around, not assume any of this won’t stick.”

“You see these vicious attacks on Barack’s character,” Biden told supporters. “I mean, this is dangerous stuff these guys are doing. This stuff is on the edge. It’s on the edge. You know, there’s some folks out there in the community nationwide that aren’t as stable as others. It’s a very small minority. But having these rallies where people are showing up saying, you know, the things they’re saying – I don’t even want to repeat them — it’s not a healthy thing.”

What is it about San Francisco that makes the Democratic ticket open their mouths and insert their feet?

Like Hillary did with the “bitter, clinging” comments Obama made in SF, I think it would be wise for Team McCain to respond to this insult to the 10 or so % of undecided voters out there. Also I wonder why Joe Biden didn’t mention the fact that if there are any white voters out there who will be reluctant to vote for a man solely on the basis of his color that it is likely that more of them will be Democrats than Republicans and Independents? :-? I guess that little fact was too inconvenient for him to mention.

• Leaning Straight Up trackbacked with Will the Bradley effect become the Obama effect?...
  • 20 Responses to “Joe Biden: Undecideds are trying to fight their inner racist”

Comments

1. Hey ST,

I think that last link is broken. It brings us back to your site and then says no posts match the search criteria.

Oh, and Biden is an idiot. :d

Ahhhhh fishing for votes by using guilt. Good Plan there JoBama. – Lorica

3. NC Cop says:

Absolutely right, S.T. The reason this will not be mentioned by the dems or the media (as if there is any difference) is because the facts are completely irrelevant to their arguments.

facts are completely irrelevant to their arguments.

Facts are always irrelevant to their discourse. Has anyone heard an apology for lying about the what they heard at that Palin rally last week?? It is my hope that the main stream news media finds out they are completely irrelevant to life in America, and that they too just go away. I always rejoice when I hear about the lay offs at the NY Times…. They have made their bed, let them lay in it. – Lorica

5. Hmm, note WHERE Sen. Blowhard Biden made the comments. Why, San Francisco of course! What is it about San Francisco that makes the inner lefty come out with both barrels blazing? I think that Team McCain WILL use this from here until election day. And, I think that what is making voters begin to think twice is Joe the Plumber and this kind of comment.

6. Heather says:

RE: Someone lying about the events at a Palin rally.

Maybe someone could sue ‘em. Oh, right. McCain doesn’t have a Truth Squad.

7. Don L says:

Fact is that most of the people want to hear and follow his message (just as they,in pre-war Germany wished to be the master race)Envy and victimhood are powerful weapons. Being told that infanticide is a “good” doesn’t faze too many anymore as the indoctrination through our schools, our entertainment media, and our political system takes hold. Democracy has failed. It matters not whether one is oppressed or deprived of life by a dictator or 100 milllion voters -the evil effect is identical!

Hold tight as the lions of Godless secularism are about to be released into the areana to feed upon the remnants of Judeo-Christian civilization.

LOL :o) Good one Heather. We all know that if the Vast Right Wing news media would have done this Barry would have been to his ACLU lawyers faster than light coming from the sun. His Missouri 5th column would have been activated and sniffing everywhere looking for such a culprit. If this is what we can expect from a Barry presidency, and from the State newsmedia, I pray that Jesus returns soon after.

I agree Don. There is a vast deception creeping over this land, and I believe it is only going to get worse. There is absolutely no reason that Barry should be this close. It just doesn’t add up. – Lorica

9. yo says:

The msm:@)will not do anything to hurt their candidate.>:)Biden,:^o will say anything at any time, and he has proven so. Mccain<):) should get rough, and let Palino:-)bring out the moose gun.>:/

10. Leslie says:

I believe that the people are ahead of the media and the pols when it comes to racism.

I offer for your consideration the new movie, starring Anne Hathaway, called “Rachel Getting Married.” It’s wonderful on many levels–Hathaway plays Rachel’s sister Kym, who returns to her dad’s house from her stint in rehab to be a bridesmaid.

Anyway, her father (Bill Irwin) is married (for the second time to a multiracial woman), and Rachel is marrying a black man, whose best friend and best man is white.

There are Asians (what we call Asians and what the Brits call Asians) present in the party. Hathaway is decked out in a sari for her bridesmaids outfit.

Race is never mentioned.

Directed by Jonathan Demme (“Silence of the Lambs”), written by Jenny Lumet (daughter of director Sidney Lumet).

Of course, the Times film critic called this a “blue state” film, but it’s for everyone. It’s playing so far in “selected theaters,” but will probably open wide so that Hathaway will be showcased for a nomination. Which she deserves.

11. mnotaro says:

This is so interesting to me, even my black conservative friends are voting for Obama, and I keep reminding them that Obama and his lefty illuminati morals and values are the opposite of them and I am sitting there thinking they are racist for voting for him just because he is black, but if I said that aloud, then I would be the racist right?

12. Severian says:

I saw a recent poll of military voters, overall, they’re breaking 68% McCain, if you look at the demographics, black servicemen are breaking 78% Obama. Yet racism only exists if you’re not voting for the Messiah. Riiiight.

Guess the Dems will have to be careful to not disenfranchise all the military absentee ballots eh?

13. Steve Skubinna says:

If Obama wins by even half a percent it will be everlasting proof that America has finally shed its evil racist past and usher in a new age of sheer unbearable wonderfulness.

If he loses, by even a half percent… well, we all have that one figured out. Cross burnings, Klan rallies, lynchings…

And no fair pointing out that those are Democratic Party traditions.