LOL quote of the day

Posted by: ST on October 28, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Via KGO-TV:

“Elect us, hold us accountable, and make a judgment and then go from there. But I do tell you that if the Democrats win, and have substantial majorities, Congress of the United States will be more bipartisan.”

Who said it? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Watch video of her remarks here.

It’s up to you as to whether or not you laugh out loud or scream aloud in frustration. Especially considering what happened after the last promise of “bipartisanship.”

Related/Prior:

7 Responses to “LOL quote of the day”

Comments

1. NC Cop says:

Oh, man that’s priceless!!!

I just spit soda all over my computer screen!!!!

=))=))=))=))

2. BeachBabe NC says:

bi·par·ti·san·ship: of, relating to, or involving members of two parties ; specifically : marked by or involving cooperation, agreement, and compromise between two major political parties

O K A Y
    :d

3. forest hunter says:

In order to hold her accountable, there’s going to be some assembly required and she can help out immensely, by learning to configure a proper hangman’s noose and finding a tall tree with with tough limbs.

4. Steve Skubinna says:

So the more we approach a one party system, the more bipartisan we get? Okay, if “bipartisan” means reaching across the political spectrum to bring together center-left and hard left… I just hope today’s equivalent of the Social Democrats remember what happened to them once their erstwhile allies the Bolsheviks took power.

Bipartisan.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

5. BeachBabe NC says:

As I was getting ready for my day at work I was watching Fox and Friends. I just saw the story on the “noose” of Sarah Palin. Some neighbors are calling it a hate crime, but the person who did it says that it is “Art”. Hmmmmmm Now I dont know.. I think whats good for the goose is also good for the gander. Wasnt it a “Hate Crime” earlier this year when 3 empty noose was hanged from a tree? Hung? not sure of the correct way to use that.. Anyhoo, Wasnt that a National story that had those boys going through all types of punishment.? Hmm.. If those boys had said it was “Art” could they have gotten away with it?

FLip to the other side? Would it be “art” if it were Joe Biden or Barak Obama?? :-?

Ya’ll have a great day?

6. Severian says:

So the more we approach a one party system, the more bipartisan we get?

Of course Steve, it’s all in accordance with the principles of INGSOC:

Weakness is Strength
    Fascism is Democracy
    No Secret Ballot is Voter Freedom

etc. Big Brutha is watching.

7. Trish says:

I was going to say the same thing, Steve, but you beat me to it.:)