Early voting in Charlotte, NC

Posted by: ST on October 29, 2008 at 6:26 pm

I got back about an hour ago from early voting here in Charlotte. I had planned on waiting til election day, but changed my mind when I read about all the lines here. I figured the lines we are seeing now would only be longer on election day, even in the early morning, which is when I usually go to vote.

There were about 125 people in line ahead of me – I was at the early voting location for about an hour. If you’d like to look at early vote election stats for different states, click here and scroll.

I also had some dental work done earlier today, which has made the left side of my face (the cheek area) numb and sore, so I may call it a night if I’m not feeling any better by 9 or so. Not sure if I’ll be watching the Obama “informercial” tonight. I’m just not in the mood.

9 Responses to “Early voting in Charlotte, NC”

Comments

1. Not sure if I’ll be watching the Obama “informercial” tonight. I’m just not in the mood.

I should think that would only make you more ill. :-&

2. NC Cop says:

Speaking of infomercial, guess who refused to broadcast it????

CNN declines Obama camp ad request

The Obama campaign asked CNN to air its 30-minute campaign ad, scheduled for Wednesday evening, but the network turned them down.

Apparently CNN is trying to convince people it’s an actual news agency! I guess they believe that everyone will forget their blatant endorsement of Obama for the last 18 months. Absolutely pathetic.

Fox News Channel – which is a separate network from FOX – was not asked to air the ad.

Imagine that! I’m reminded of a recent post quoting Nancy Pelosi promising “bipartisanship” if the dems win. Oh, my sides.

Apparently the viewers of Fox News Channel don’t figure into our future of harmony, hope, and change.

Even more humorous is the reaction of some of CNN’s viewers, check them out:

October 29th, 2008 11:04 am ET

Air or do not what does it matter? CNN has moved slowly to the right as this campaign has progressed. No Bias No Bull My Foot!

I am not pleased with this decision, therefore I will be watching MSNBC from now on. Thanks CNN for nothing.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure why CNN declined. They are afraid of RNC attack machine. Has any one noticed? CNN looks like FOX news these days. CNN is trying desperately to appear neutral and unbiased; But hard as CNN may try they are doing every thing possible to boost McCain.

Ofcourse CNN is completely pro-McCain, one of CNN’s biggets sponsors is EXXON MOBILE. Imagine if one of Obama’s top campaign advisors had called Biden a “whack job”, CNN would be covering it night & day, but when one of McCain’s TOP advisors just called Palin a “WHACK JOB” ACTUALLY then it’s no big deal. CNN is FOX NEWS brother in law.

Effective Immediately, I will NO LONGER WATCH CNN and I know many others that feels the same way.

CNN you have done a huge disjustice to your long time watchers. I have had hundread of emails about this from my dedicated CNN friends since this information came out.

figures, they are in the tank for McCain.

:o

These people are certifiable!!! They exist on a completely alternate plane of reality, it’s scary.

Gosh, I can’t imagine why we’re afraid that they’ll take over the country.

3. Dana says:

Jim Thorpe is a small town, and the east side — the town is divided by the Lehigh River — is a long and narrow section with three main streets (North, Center and South, catchy names) running the length of the east side, there is a polling place on Second Street, between Center and North, one on the corner of Fourth and Center, and another one somewhere around Seventh Street. In this little town, I could walk to any of those polling places in just a few minutes.

When I get to the polls, sometime around 5:30 PM on election day, there will be probably six people in line ahead of me.

Ahhhhh I miss stories of Jim Thorpe. I worked with a guy who was raised there. He talked about when they filmed the Molly McGuires. He was a good guy.

This Barry infomercial is full of BS. It keeps talking about how bad things have gotten since the Dems took over Congress, and blames it all on Bush. Our Economy was doing very good, until these fools took over, then it started to go bad. OMG all of these Dems are just so pathetic. It is almost over and I just want to suck on the business end of a .38, and pull the trigger. How much lying are these guys going to continue to turn a blind eye too. – Lorica

Ummm I was told that Bill Clinton was going to be on this thing. He wasn’t. I am just thanking God in Heaven it is all over. I can unload the gun now. :o) – Lorica

6. BeachBabe NC says:

=)) That was a good post NC COP. My favorite was when they threatened not to watch CNN anymore.. Jeez what a bunch of babies..

7. NC Cop:

Tell me about it. When I hear brainwashed liberals complain about “the right-wing media,” I look around quickly asking “Where? Where? Please, I’d love to have one on my side!” ~:>