Definition of “middle class” keeps getting redefined by Team Obama

Posted by: ST on October 31, 2008 at 7:57 pm

The dollar figure they’re putting on it has been dropping almost as fast as the stock market did a couple of weeks ago. Will it be down to $100K by election day? o=>

• Public Secrets trackbacked with Am I bid $100,000? How about $50,000?...
  • 8 Responses to “Definition of “middle class” keeps getting redefined by Team Obama”

Comments

1. steveegg says:

I’ve got $42,000 in that pool.

2. NC Cop says:

This is exactly what Clinton did. I have to hand it to Obama’s campaign, they are taking a page right out of slick willie’s playbook. Lie to get into office and then shrug and say “Oh well, looks like I can’t do it.”

Anyone want to take any bets that if he gets into office he says “I didn’t realize how badly Bush screwed things up, so it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to give those tax breaks. It’s Bush’s fault!!”??

3. Great White Rat says:

Damn, Steve….that was the number I wanted. :d

OK, I’ll go with $40,000 then.

4. Trish says:

I remember that once, at a party I attended during the Reagan years, I had a conversation with a very snooty leftist who said, “I ASSUME you are a member of the ‘middle class’?” (sneer quotes his). I demanded a definition of the term before I answered him. He wouldn’t give it. When I informed him of my actual financial status, he reacted with shock: “But you should be on my side!”

Right now I’d be thrilled to climb up to whatever level they’re claiming these days. I am not what my mother used to call “in the money.” But I don’t imagine Obama’s sanitized Marxism will make me or anyone else better off.

5. ew says:

I’ve only heard two number, $250 and $200 but I do suppose that is one number to many. And I haven’t really heard the liberal illuminati response to this little blunder. Have any of Obama’s party given any reasons why the numbers have been a bit different. I would love to hear the reasoning. And if I am going to get in on this pools I am putting my money in on $73,000.

6. According to The Gov of NM it’s now 100K. My marker is on $75K, because a large amount of people make that much with two incomes and when you’re poor, 75 large looks like the pot of gold at the end of the Obamabow…

7. Severian says:

There’s a video circulating of Obama, back when he just got elected to the state legislature, saying 70,000 and up should be hit.

Keep it up Obambi, you’ll have it down to that 43k number any day now.