Christmas greetings from Sister Toldjah

Posted by: ST on December 24, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Here’s an oldie but goodie on what Christmas is all about:

I was going to write a big fancy message tonight for Christmas, but I think that video says it best.

Wherever you are tonight, say thanks for your blessings, whether they be big or small. This year I have felt particularly blessed, and have wondered why God would choose to bless me in the way he has, as I don’t always feel like I’m always the best Christian I can be. But a wise man recently told me that God knows a believer’s heart, and rewards that person with blessings, in part, based on whether or not that person’s heart is in the right place – blessings of love and/or prosperity (and not just of the money kind). And sometimes those blessings aren’t obvious ones, but they are there all the same.

So if you’re in the same boat as I am – feeling blessed but wondering why you are being blessed, it’s comforting to know that God thinks you have a good heart; that in itself is a blessing that money can’t buy and that no one can take away and that is worth more than anything sitting under the Christmas tree.

God bless you all.

• steveegg trackbacked with Making a list, checking it twice...
  • 15 Responses to “Christmas greetings from Sister Toldjah”

Comments

1. steveegg says:

Have a blessed Christmas, ST.

2. Chris in NC says:

Merry Christmas ST! Panthers going for a couple home games this weekend! Going to be good when they win. I’ll be at the Meineke Bowl with the critters eating the chocolate covered ice cream on a browinie in the club restaurant after skating on the WBT rink. Have a great Christmas and God Bless you and your readers next year.

3. Chris in NC says:

Another little Christmas tribute/story for anyone interested can be found

Here.

God Bless You Dear!!! He is an incredible God and Christmas only proves that. Take away all the religion and you are left with what God did for us. It is my heart’s hope that all who read this is blessed beyond their capacity to keep, that they would then pay it forward. Have a glorious Christmas one and all, and know that this day was the day that the Lord has made for us. Enjoy your time with family and friends, for truly no matter what, they are worth your time and energy. – Lorica

5. Marshall Art says:

Haven’t stopped by in a while, but still consider yours one of the best blogs around. Merry Christmas to you, Sis, and to all your visitors as well.

6. NC Cop says:

You go, Linus!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone. I pray that you all have a safe and happy Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

God Bless.

7. Dana says:

Merry Christmas, Sis!

For those who don’t know, Sis was pretty helpful when I was starting my own site, and I’ll always remember that.

8. Teri Pittman says:

I have been so blessed this year, despite the death of my husband. I’ve found true friends that I didn’t know I had. Old friends have come back into my life. Prosperity has even been knocking at my door for a change. And I’ve screwed up big time this month and have felt totally unworthy of any of it. Still, as you say, God knows our heart. And He’s big enough to forgive us when we fail.

9. Great White Rat says:

A very Merry Christmas to you, ST, and to all my fellow commenters here and your families! :)

10. Trish says:

Christmas blessing to you and yours.

11. BeachBabe NC says:

8-} I am stuffed!!! Merry Christmas and I hope that EVERYONE here has a Happy and Healthy 2009!!!!

12. A belated Merry Christmas, ST!!!

Gotta love that video. I was the first to upload it yo Youtube years ago. The HuffPost linked it this year. I wonder if they would remove it if they new it was from a raging right winger? :d