AJC columnist: Over half those opposed to ObamaCare are “racists”

Posted by: ST on August 8, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Following in the footsteps of ultra-left wing columnist Paul “Kruggie” Krugman, Atlanta Journal-Constitution columnist Cynthia Tucker earlier this week expressed the viewpoint that the primary motivation for opposition to ObamaCare was … racism. Via Mark Finkelstein at NB:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Put 100 of these people in a room. Strap them into gurneys. Inject them with sodium pentathol. How many of them would say “I don’t like the idea of having a black president”? What percentage?

CYNTHIA TUCKER: Oh, I’m just guessing. This is just off the cuff. I think 45 to 65% of the people who appear at these groups are people who will never be comfortable with the idea of a black president.

You can view the video of her remarks on the “Hardball” at that same link. Not pictured: The tingle that ran up Chris Matthews leg as Tucker shamelessly played the race card.

McQ responds:

Just freakin’ amazing – it’s all about Obama to these folks. Having looked at video after video after video of interviews with the “mob”, the “browshirts” the “unAmerican”, I can only wonder where Tucker and Matthews even pretend to come up with this line of dialog.

Pretty sad stuff, but, for the party which invented identity politics and the politics of personal destruction, not at all surprising.

Nope.

24 Responses to “AJC columnist: Over half those opposed to ObamaCare are “racists””

Comments

1. WJ says:

The “race” card is the only thing these racialists have as an argument. Pretty sad really.

2. NC Cop says:

We knew this as soon as Obama was elected. Every disagreement with The One would be met with the cry, “Racist!”.

The dems are nothing if not predictable. This is only the beginning. ELECTED OFFICIALS are already portraying the Obamacare opponents as extremists, paving the way to investigation if need be.

3. Derek says:

Why is it that when you dis-agree with a Republican, you are open minded and just exercising your Constitutional Right to Freedom of Speech. But when you dis-agree with a Democrat, you are either labeled a racist or a terrorist or whatever. If I dis-agree with what a member of my government is doing that just makes me an American Citizen with the God given right to dis-agree with what someone else thinks! Especially if it is a hard working, three job having, paying too much for everone else citizen like me! I did not vote for President Obama, but he is my President and I will never bad mouth him. He represent the greatest country on earth. But I do not have to agree with all of his decisions! So if you don’t like my opinon, fine, that is your right. But do not label me or stereotype me because I oppose wasteful spending on an idea that has been proven in other countries not to work!

4. Anthony says:

Wait… What about the Black guy passing out flags in St. Louis who had the tar kicked out of him by union storm-troopers? Is he a racist? I’m confused….:-/

5. nc says:

Cynthia is why the AJC is going under as many have canceled subscriptions because of “her” racism. She plays the race card every chance she gets. Mine has been canceled already.

6. johnnyboy56 says:

It is clear that any opposition to this administration’s ideas will earn you the “racist” label. This will not stop me from voicing my concerns should I have them on any issue. But frankly I have lived with this my entire life and I have grown tired of it.

7. proof says:

I have no problem with a black President. It’s the red President we have that bothers me!

8. yo says:

there is beginning to be some very good commentary on the web about what exactly is a natural born citizen.

when you here that it’s a ‘settled issue’, or ‘the debate is over’, just remember who the type of people are that say these things.

9. JohnFLob says:

When we criticize Muslim or Islamic doctrines and activities C.A.I.R and the M.S.A scream islamophobia.
    When we criticize Obama or the Democrats agenda(s) we hear screams of racism.

And the difference is?

The problem is, these bozos are so caught up in projecting their own racism they can’t see a valid argument for disagreeing with the Prez (who happens to be black), so automatically our concerns are dismissed and we become racists in their view, end of discussion.

How sad, because at one point in most their lives they had the opportunity to become sentient beings.

11. vsatt says:

I think Cynthia’s botox and collagen injections might be destroying what precious few brain cells she has.

12. Peter says:

I only disagree with the white half of Obama. So there, Cynthia Tucker! But I really , really dislike that white half.

13. WinstonSmith says:

Join the march on Washington 9/12/09!

LINK !

14. 2Hotel9 says:

If Democrats want to keep accusing me of crimes I might as well start committing them.

15. Steve Skubinna says:

Don’t bother, 2Hotel9. Soon enough you will find that things you’ve been doing all along are now crimes.

Yeah, 2Hotel9, like thinking for yourself. Or, eventually, wasting oxygen some academic might need.

17. Chevy LT-1 says:

Thank you Cynthia Tucker, just another 50 steps backwards for our people.

…great. :-w

Oh, and paint people like Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams racist, too.

19. Dave says:

What about all of the black folks like me and a half dozen that I know who got INFORMED and are shaking in our boots over the DETAILS?? Are we racists or ‘sellouts’?

The short answer to your question, Dave, is yes.

The long answer, as expounded by His Hollowness so eloquently many times, is, yes.

I don’t like the position they are attempting to put anyone with three or more active brains cells in, but I’m really sorry for you and your conservative black brothers (like Sowell and Williams and many, many others) because of the nearly hopeless position they’ve put you in.

Just remember, when the dust is cleared the ones who will still be by your side and fighting for your freedoms (and ours) will be conservatives.

May God bless and protect you and yours.

21. bill glass says:

Matthews is pathetic for even insinuating such a thing with his question. Tucker’s answer is simplistic – but that is the depth you get with the state media these days. The thing that always blows me away is that these people think they’re more insightful than anyone else.

22. Chevy LT-1 says:

To them Dave we are racist and sellouts but I wear my insults as a badge of honor. Take away all the insults we endure and they have nothing else. No counter point, no different view just insults and threats.

I don’t mind people like Cynthia Tuck, and others like her making a fool out of themselves I just wish they wouldn’t make the rest of us look bad in the process.

23. Kate says:

We all know that the protesters are really just so many hard working people in this country who are just sick to death that their voices are not being heard in regard to this health care plan and are deeply troubled at the debt the stimulus packages have incurred. They are concerned for the future generations of this country not just what the government can give them for free (if there is such a thing). Pelosi and her ilk have truly hit a sour note here with their depiction of well-meaning and heart felt protest as racism. If that were the case where is the KKK, they have always been bold enough to get out and protest their rights? I mean, really, where are the Aryan Nation people to prove her point?