School district confirms Obama “praise” activity was sanctioned

Posted by: ST on September 24, 2009 at 7:51 pm

… by them. The only thing the Burlington, NJ school district appears to be upset about is … that it was videotaped and distributed (sound familiar?). ExUrban League has the text of the school district’s statement – the link to the official school district website isn’t working at the moment:

Dear Burlington Township Families:

Today we became aware of a video that was placed on the internet which has been reported in the media. The video is of a class of students singing a song about President Obama. The activity took place during Black History Month in 2009, which is recognized each February to honor the contributions of African Americans to our country. Our curriculum studies, honors and recognizes those who serve our country. The recording and distribution of the class activity were unauthorized.

If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me or Dr. King, Principal of B. Bernice Young School, directly.

Sincerely,
Dr. Christopher M. Manno,
Superintendent of Schools

Once again, here’s the video:

Creepy.

Michelle Malkin has much more, including detailed information on the woman behind the video, who sounds like a rabid, fanatical devotee of Barack Obama.

25 Responses to “School district confirms Obama “praise” activity was sanctioned”

Comments

1. Hall Monitor says:

This story made http://detentionslip.org ! Check it out for all the crazy headlines from our schools and more controversial Obama news.

2. RickinTexas says:

The only thing missing is a brown uniform with a Hope and Change patch on the sleeve.
    Have we lost our minds?
    No wonder the Left thought people were over reacting to the President speaking to the children.They knew about this and we didn’t.

3. Ron Russell says:

Obama loves us yes he doesObama loves us for he tells us so.Is this what its come too.

4. Anonymous says:

No apology that this was meant to be secret? What the ef? Who cares what month it was? It was plain wrong.

5. BuckeyeSam says:

FWIW: Special Report with Brett Baier reported tonight that SR contacted the head of the school’s PTO, and that woman said that she was “numb” when she saw the video.

I don’t doubt that the teachers involved and the school’s administration authorized this activity. But I’m wondering whether the parents were told of this “activity.” Yeah, sure, I bet some wouldn’t have a problem with it, but I’m betting that many would have a problem with it.

I hope someone does some follow-up.

I used to sing praises to my leader in school, too – Sunday school! And I gotta tell you, first, His Hollowness is no Jesus, second, he is exactly that – totally vacuous, and third, this scares the bejeebers out of me! Have they lost their minds? Or were Germany and the USSR just practice runs? Or is it that it’s ok if you happen to be a teacher and you happen to worship that walking waste of oxygen?

Where the heck is separation of church (the Church of HopeNChange) and state (what’s left of what used to be)?

Oh, I forgot. Ok for me says the left, but not for thee.

7. Lisa Graas says:

Whatever happened to teaching them how to read a tape measure?

Truly, this would be wrong for anyone. I’m a Palin supporter. If one of my kids’ teachers did this with a song about Sarah Palin, I would be absolutely livid. This is not healthy for children.

Teach them how to type or make a model volcano!

8. Steve Skubinna says:

Is anyone really surprised? This nauseating cult of personality has been swirling around Obama for at least two years now, and he has never lifted a finger to halt it. Compare and contrast with our first President, who strenuously quashed any movement to elevate him above the citizenry.

I’d bet a paycheck that this is only the tip of the iceberg. This has been going on under the radar, carefully shielded from parents’ view by Obama’s minions in the NEA and the lefty nonprofits and the administration. And we see what the reaction is when this is exposed – it’s identical to that of ACORN on getting caught enabling criminal activity. Outrage that anyone has dared bring it to light and threats against the true villians – the racist evildoers that have the temerity to complain.

Welcome to Obama’s America, ladies and gentlemen. We have at least three years and four months more of this. Make room on your bookshelves for copies of Mein Kampf – uh, I mean the Little Red Book – uh, well, you figure out which new bestseller will be mandatory. If the cover doesn’t feature the smiling jug eared Marxist Jesus you’re guilty of thoughcrime.

And I denounce you.

9. Kate says:

And add to that we have wonderful foreign leaders, that also believe he is the second coming….frightening.

I hope the parents in Burlington, NJ, show up at the next school board meeting. A little tea party at the flag pole might be a good idea, too.

10. yo says:

very, very interesting column on this at canadafreepress.com.
    youtube has been surpressing the view count on the video to keep it off the most popular list. they apparently have been playing this game all through the last election. surpress views on anything that can help republicans.

sis, we need a major expose on youtube doing that.

The really sad thing is that these fools believe Barry has done something that is worthy of song. Are they praising him for his over 150 “present” votes in the IL senate”??? Perhaps they are praising him for the 10% unemployment we presently have…. or the fact that we have lost trillions of dollars from our national wealth. Just because he is black skinned does not make him worthy of even being mentioned during Black History Month. More of this “He’s Historic” bull.

The man is a liar without compare, Joe Wilson was right. He lives on this worship by other people. I don’t know if I can put up with another 3 years and 4 months of this garbage. – Lorica

Also, loved the line from “Jesus loves the little children” in their song. What they can’t come up with their own lyrics?? This is the sort of thing that Stalin or Hitler would ask, and of course the teachers were all for those two also.

The devil, and dems have 1 play book, and apparently only 1 play in it. It is scary to think what this man is setting the stage for. Come on Rep wins in 2010. We are gonna need ‘em.

Ohhh and Hey Kid, Barack Hussein Obama has said alot of garbage, and most of it was a bold face lie. – Lorica

13. Army Mom says:

Was watching Fox and Friends this morning and they had 2 sets of parents who knew nothing about the song they had taught their children. Those parents also had no idea that the video with their kids faces clearly shown were on YouTube. Both sets of parents were very upset and very against what the school had allowed to happen. I hope there is a law suit. That was just plain wrong.

Some door knob on Fox News.com was commenting that this is no worse than a church camp teaching children to pray for President Bush. Is this what passes for intellect on the left. Comparing praying for the President to worship of him??? Could these people be more morally bankrupt?? – Lorica

These WWOO (walking wastes of oxygen) don’t have a clue to the difference in praying to a God ABOUT the president and singing praises to and about a president in a worshipful way.

In my puny human vision I can’t see any good coming from His Hollowness, but I still pray for him daily, and I know that God has control of the situation because no one, not even BHO, rules without His OK. Just something else WWOO could never possibly understand.

16. Bill says:

I’d mention the term “Hitler Youth” here but then my secret racist identity would be discovered for criticizing anything to do with Obama. I tried to tell you guys Jimmy Carter was going to figure this all out.

17. milt says:

You don’t have to be white to be a racist.

It’s not just the moral bankruptcy, Lorica, it’s also the insipid stupidity of personal universecentrism and its attendant belief that only they can decipher life as it should be for everyone else.

And what do they dismiss first? The fact that their own lives are a mess as shown by personal unease with themselves! Hence stress, grief, and the endless search for a way to bring down their own bp.

19. Soazig says:

Where are you getting the idea that this is “worship”? Sounds to me as if they’re honoring the first black president. Sure, they’re enthusiastic—-but not one line of their presentation suggests that they think Obama is anything but a distinguished human being.

20. Chris in NC says:

I’d say it comes pretty close to worship when they take the “Jesus loves the little children” parts and change them for Obama, Soazig. Of course, I’m sure that if Bush followers had tried this, you’d be just fine with it too, right? Yeah.

First, Soazig, I can’t remember learning any songs in school honoring specific presidents we have had in the past, not even Washington or Lincoln. Do ya think maybe, just maybe, there’s a reason we haven’t done that in the past?

Look at it this way: how would you have reacted had Mr. Reagan followers done the same thing back in 1981? Remember, he had a landslide victory that makes Duh-1’s “smashing victory” look like a real squeaker.

And second, since when is a lying thug from the Chicago machine a “distinguished human being”? And don’t give me that garbage that all humans are “distinguished”.

The problem’s not the kids learning music, the problem’s with elevating the chump to something more than a citizen-leader.