Can Nancy Pelosi really be this, er, stupid?

Posted by: ST on March 19, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Astonishing:

Transcript:

WASHINGTON, DC, March 19, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – On the solemn Catholic feast of one of the most prestigious patron saints of unborn children, St. Joseph, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has invoked the husband of Mary and the stepfather of Jesus to help pass the abortion-laden health care bill.

“Today is the feast of St. Joseph the Worker,” Pelosi told reporters Friday on Capitol Hill. “It’s a day where we remember and pray to St. Joseph to benefit the workers of America, and that’s exactly what our health care bill will do.”

However, Catholic commentators quickly pointed out that Pelosi’s Catholic pitch was less than pitch-perfect: March 19 is actually the Catholic feast of St. Joseph, husband of Mary, and not the feast of St. Joseph the Worker, which takes place on May 1.

AmericanPapist blogger Thomas Peters wrote that, “When I first heard about this I thought it was a joke. But Nancy Pelosi’s callous way of twisting her faith to suit her politics is beyond parody.”

The Anchoress absolutely unloads on Pelosi here.

For all the latest on the push for shoving ObamaCare through the House, this is the best link for you to visit and peruse. I’m Tweeting about it when I can (getting ready to take a break). The updates are coming in fast and furious. As far as that alleged Democrat “momentum” going into Sunday’s vote? Don’t believe it.

25 Responses to “Can Nancy Pelosi really be this, er, stupid?”

Comments

1. Anthony says:

Wow. I think we have an automatic winner for the Clueless Idiot of the Year, 2010, award. No others need apply.

Just amazing. ~:>

2. Tango says:

….the MSM is bending over backwards to intimate there’s this ‘momentum’ in favor of the healthcare scam going into the weekend. Personally, I ain’t
    buyin’ it. Been lied to far too frequently in the
    past year….[-(

3. Great White Rat says:

Wow. That is just so….Bidenesque.

You may be right. Before this is done, Pelosi may manage to outdo Slow Joe for the 2010 Dumbest Politician award.

Although if Obama throws us a few more statistics like “3000%” he’d have to be rated a contender.

4. Toll For Thee says:

I hate this woman. I don’t know how to simplify my thoughts further…

5. ZippyTheWerewolf says:

I can’t even look at her mouth moving. She looks like a chimpanzee with oozing ulcerations and leper sores. She is the most disgusting and dispicable thing I’ve ever seen or heard.

6. Tom TB says:

She has exposed herself; she no more cares about a fellow citizen, born or unborn, then she does for a cockroach. Thanks for the transparency, Nancy!

7. Sefton says:

The horror behind it all…
    there are people in California who actually voted for this hag.

Her fake sincerity and obvious pandering ooze from her botoxed, frazzled brain.
    I’m past sick of her.

8. Nina says:

…and I pray the wrath of St.Joseph comes down on her.As a matter of fact I put a little candle to St. Barbara to split this bill in two with her sword. St. Michael Archangel will take care of her.There you go Nancy!
    That’s a little Catholic speak for you.

9. ZippyTheWerewolf says:

On second thought, forgive me for insulting the chimpanzee..

The woman (?) is such a blithering wonder.

Like: I wonder if she’s ever had a real thought of anything besides how to screw her opponents?

Like: I wonder if she even knows how stupid she seems every time she opens her mouth?

Like: I wonder if she even realizes that, even though she cares not a whit what real celebration dates are, others of particular faiths do? I wonder if she celebrates Christmas on December 23, or if April 1 does her just as well?

Like: I wonder how much the overuse of Botox (a toxin) has migrated, affected destroyed portions of her brain, especially those areas dealing with reasoning and ethics?

11. Anthony says:

I’ll do you one better, Nina. The words anyone who’s lived through Catholic school dreads to the end of his or her days: “Nancy, Sister wants to see you in her office. Now.”

:d

12. Anthony says:

Carlos:

I wonder if she even knows how stupid she seems every time she opens her mouth?

Nope. I’m sure she thinks of herself as sincere and reassuring. And of us as children unable to take care of ourselves.

13. Nina says:

Anthony that will sure stretch her face beyond recognition. Don’t mistake this woman for stupid. She is a dangerous leftist operative that rivals Obama in thuggery.

14. Great White Rat says:

She is a dangerous leftist operative that rivals Obama in thuggery.

Well said, Nina. She is the totally evolved leftist. She knows only two emotions: overwhelming greed for more power/money/control over others, and white-hot hatred for anyone who disagrees with her or stands in her way.

And that’s all that matters to them. Thoughtful discussion is of no use to them (as this clip shows) and obstacles like the Constitution are to be ignored or destroyed.

15. Kate says:

In the words of Maude, “God will get you for that Nancy.”

I am sure St.Joseph the Worker was not working at socialized medicine. I am positive he was doing the Lord’s work..not factory work, Nan. So he would not be part of your little “plan” and surely not accepting prayers from such an unrighteous source as you.

Anyway…in the ultimate end of things we KNOW who will be victorious. That’s the only battle that really counts in eternity. These are just little battles that Satan makes into more than they really are. Remember Satan knows his time is short.

16. I am not getting this. Even if everything written here is true, how is Pelosi being stupid? After all, she’s

1) Passing legislation that will fundamentally alter the relationship of citizen and government far more toward her liking

2) Will be re-elected, and probably be back as Speaker of the House in a couple of election cycles after the anger on the American Street has burned out.

3) Will end up rich, powerful, and surrounded by gushing syncophants.

This isn’t going to make even a scratch on Pelosi’s personal and political well being.

If you want to look for evil, look at those who re-elect her, and the members of Congress who made and keep her Speaker despite things like this.

17. Paul says:

Pelosi is a joke !

18. Neo says:

I’m praying to Joan of Arc to smite this idiot.

pursue after your enemies, and smite the hindmost of them

19. robert596 says:

Sister Heritic Pelosi: Your idiosy is an insult to all catholics and women. Your role in the Hussien O’bama-Reid(now growing a Hitler mustache)–Pelosi TRIUMVIRATE of disaster for America. Even Sadam would be proud of u–ignore unemployment, buy off banks with trillions, use fellow regime power brokers to run over the U.S. Congress forcing the use of weapons of mass “reconciliation”. Just go ahead– “deem” the fall elections as counter-productive to the Supreme Agenda. Get ready–the party of NO to current insanity is coming this fall and tho from liberal bankrupt Michigan–I will send $100 to your opponent this fall !!!!!!!!!!

20. M. Pearson says:

Arrogance, ignorance and stupidity. The trifecta of of the modern progressive. Policies that have failed literally EVERYWHERE they’ve been tried must be tried again -in the mind of the progressive. As Bubba Clinton used to say, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.”

Or, as Reagan said, “Government isn’t the solution to our problems, government IS the problem.”

AOG: Recently Nazi Pelousy was at another church dinner, and someone (in their speech) mentioned “the Year of Our Lord, 2010.”

She got very upset and, when her time to speak, corrected him. She said it was “the Year of Our Lord, 2.

Just shows who she worships, but as soon as he doesn’t need her any more she’ll be thrown under the bus just like everyone else who’s not been with him since his early thug ‘hood days.

And she’s enough of a thug to know it, too.

22. Army Mom says:

St. Michael the Archangel, please smite this evil woman and make this evil Congress see the errors of their ways. PLEASE!!!! Deliver us from this evil. A great abomination is about to be unleashed on a nation that has worked for much good in God’s name. Amen.