Posted by: ST on April 28, 2010 at 5:01 pm

Sigh:

In the wake of the passage of a controversial immigration law in Arizona, there have been calls for a boycott of the state and its businesses. Among those calling for a boycott are Rep. Joe Baca (D-Calif.), lawmakers in Los Angeles and San Francisco, and La Opinion, the nation’s biggest Spanish-language newspaper.

Some of the boycott calls are directed not just at the state but businesses based there, among them Cold Stone Creamery, Circle K and U-Haul. And as the New York Daily News reports, also under fire in some quarters is Arizona Iced Tea. Its label says is brewed by the Arizona Beverage Co.

“Dear Arizona: If you don’t change your immigration policy, I will have to stop drinking your enjoyable brand of iced tea,” one person wrote on Twitter, according to the Daily News; another called Arizona Iced Tea “the drink of fascists.”

There is (at least) one problem with all that, however: Arizona Iced Tea is based in New York. It was founded in 1992 in Brooklyn by former New York City beer distributors; the company says the founders borrowed “the motif from their south-western inspired house in Queens.”

Apparently these clueless wonders know about as much about Arizona Iced Tea as they do the immigration bill itself. 8-|

You know what would be kind of funny? For people all across the country to start shipping Arizona Iced Tea items to Baca’s offices in either CA or DC. Like maybe their Sweet Tea Liquid Concentrate 4-Pack ($3.99). Better still, if you’ve got some money to blow, sending one of their “I Love AZ” hats ($19.99) would rock, because not only does it read “I Love AZ” on the front, but there’s also an American flag stitched on the side ;) **==

15 Responses to “Fanatical left wing immigration bill opponents call for a ‘boycott’ of AZ Iced Tea, but …”

Comments

1. Anthony says:

Actually, I’m planning a “buycott” of AZ, not a boycott. It’s not that I’m a great supporter of the law, but the shrill hysterical attacks have ticked me off. x( So, I’m looking for good AZ-based online stores that sell salsa or spices. (What can I say? I love to cook. :"> )

2. “Buycott”? I like that!

3. Scott Factor says:

They know as much about the immigration bill as they know about the healthcare bill they voted on but never read. SImple answer: We need new representatives.

4. Xrlq says:

I’m not surprised the libs are going after Arizona tea. Between their newfound hatred of Arizona and their chronic hysteria over tea parties, they thought they had themselves a twofer.

5. Great White Rat says:

Someone needs to tell these leftist loons that they’re boycotting the wrong Arizona. The one they’re upset with is one of the other 57 states.

6. Vince says:

Well at least the macaroon lefties have accomplished something….I quit listening to talk radio, ie. Rush, Hannity, etc. because the amount of COMPLETE IDIOTS who call in bee-atching about a bill from a state they’re not even living in (I am a proud citizen of AZ). I couldn’t take anymore of their TOTAL LACK OF ONE IOTA OF KNOWLEDGE of the bill. Just when we think these people could NOT show how blatantly STUPID they are….
    they prove us wrong. I’ll hibernate for a week or twelve, maybe by that time AZ will have seceded from the Union in shame for enforcing a United States law.

7. Tom TB says:

If a newly enacted state law mirrors an old federal law, which one is “unconstitutional”? :-?

8. RSweeney says:

Surely the best answer is to remove Harry Reid from the Senate leadership.

He’s from Arizona and obviously can not be trusted.
    Get on it progressives!

9. thomas mc donnell says:

i think that i’m going to boycott san francisco and buy arizona.

10. Pasadena Phil says:

I buy most of my ammo from Arizona.

11. ruralcounsel says:

#9 has it spot on. Two can play that game.

I plan on boycotting the boycotters. And given the financial status of California, I would think San Fran (and anyone else so inclined) should tread carefully before pissing off the rest of the country.

12. PennyAZ says:

I hope the idiots just keep blabbing and the illegal immigrants keep demonstrating. Every picture of illegal immigrants breaking the law by assaulting police officers at rally’s just makes the majority that more likely to support conservatives who want to secure the border. Every opinion from a national figure that shows they don’t know what the hell they are talking about in relation to this law just increases support for closing the border. So go ahead libs….just keep on doing what you are doing and come November, we’ll all be better off.

13. Jackie says:

I did some research and found the Arizona businesses with some great Mothers Day gift baskets.
    Show Mom your love and support our friends in Arizona.

Arizona’s Best Custom Gift Baskets